Chapter 5- First Date pt. 2

🐇

After getting made up again, Shoto took Sora on their first date as planned. The tentative according to Shoto schedule included; dinner at a nice restaurant Iida highly recommended and then a stroll along the riverside that was decorated in twinkling lanterns. Well, that was the plan anyway until the skies decided to open up and dump loads of snow on the entire city, enough so that many of the roads closed and traffic ground nearly to a halt. 

Sora sat by Shoto's side as he held the phone low enough for her to see it. "I'm sorry, Sora. I didn't want to keep you out past your curfew, but it is going to take at least two hours to get you home. Is there a friend's house I can drop you off at? Or I could get you a hotel for the evening?"

They were still inside the beautiful restaurant he had taken her to, so the blue of the phone screen was lighting up Shoto's face in a way she had never seen before. Beneath his unfairly long lashes were his clear unblinking eyes that hid no underlying intentions. The longer his apprehensive bunny evaluated him, Shoto found himself beginning to smile in confusion. 

"What is it?"

"I don't mean to sound like a stalker, but you are a very well-known hero. Thus I'm pretty sure everyone knows which neighborhood you live in."

"Which is why my security is topnotch."

"Sure, but that's not my point. I simply meant are we not close...to your...home?" 

She could tell he wasn't tracking her line of thought when he simply continued to smile and blink at her adorably. 

"So what I am suggesting is why would you pay more money to get me a hotel room when your house probably has spare bedrooms?"

Realization slammed into Shoto hard enough to make him accidentally drop his phone. 

As it clattered to the table and then bounced off, he came back to his senses and shook his head to clear away his surprise. "Umm, excuse me." He bent over to retrieve the phone, and Shoto got an eyeful of her primly covered legs crossed toward him. 

Shoto gulped and retrieved his phone without other incident, but then he was faced with a bigger problem. The adorable woman who would one day lie beside him in his bed every night was watching him with a serene wholesome smile. 

"Well," Shoto laughed humorlessly. He ruffled his short two-toned hair in a desperate bid for restraint. "We are near my home, but I am not sure that is a good idea."

"That is fine," Sora instantly reassured. "I didn't mean to push you to do something you're uncomfortable with, Todoroki. I apologize if I overstepped. I was just thinking of not wasting more of your money." 

She pulled out her phone and began scrolling embarrassedly, "I think one of my friends lives near here. I can ask her-"

Shoto placed his hand over hers to block the screen. 

"Todoroki?"

Just the tips of his ears were pink as he looked at her from the corner of his grey eye. "Please don't misunderstand, I am not saying it's a bad idea because I am uncomfortable with it. I would be happy to have you at my home, but I am afraid I would not be able to continue to be the gentleman I want to be if I had you all to myself in my space."

Sora leaned to the side a bit so that she could see Shoto's bashful face. When her future husband mumbled, "Please don't look at me right now, Sora," she nibbled on her bottom lip in glee. 

At seeing her do that adorable action again, Shoto reached out charmingly. The rough pad of his thumb settled on her bottom lip, and she gasped at how sensitive it felt as he guided it free of her teeth.