45. Eve

"I plead the fifth" you giggle and look away, watching the city lit up in Christmas decorations outside the window.

Soon, the car slows down and you've reached.

As you step out of the car and approach the restaurant, you're immediately awestruck by the atmosphere. The exterior of the building is beautifully lit up, with a sign that says something in Japanese characters. There are potted plants placed outside, adding a touch of greenery to the scene.

The architecture of the building is unique, with a distinctive roof design that catches your eye. It's beautiful, it's elegant but comfortable all enveloped in once.

"Just like Jin" you think to yourself and smile.

Jin joins you in admiring the place and then he admires you admiring the beautiful sight.

"What do you think?"

"It's beautiful!" you mutter under your breath and you feel Jin squeeze your hand for a quick second.

You can tell he's looking at you when he says,
"Gorgeous, isn't it?"

That makes you look away from the place and at him. You scrunch your nose smiling and squeeze his hand back.

"You're silly" is all you manage to say to him.

"Let's head inside now, you're probably freezing, because I know I am!"

You both start heading inside, and you smile to yourself when you notice he doesn't let go of your hand. Maybe he really is treating this like a date. You don't know, and you can't be bothered to find out at the moment. Everything is going well and that's all that matters.

As you enter the hallway of the restaurant, you are greeted by a warm and inviting ambiance

The floor is adorned with several lights, casting a soft glow that illuminates the traditional Japanese decor. Lamps on the walls surrounded by rocks adds a touch of tranquility to the space. A picture or frame hanging on the wall catches your eye, hinting at the cultural richness of the restaurant.

The color palette of browns, creams, and dark greys creates a cozy atmosphere, inviting you to explore further into the restaurant. The mix of modern and traditional elements, with a Japanese influence, sets the tone for a unique dining experience.

You had been wanting to go to an authentic Japanese place to try out the food but in the midst of moving, living by yourself, adjusting to uni and everything else, it just never lined up. But now you're here. And it's looking like it's going to be everything you had imagined and more. You're pulled away from your thoughts as you see a host approach you. He gives you both a warm smile and then asks you to follow him to your table.

 He gives you both a warm smile and then asks you to follow him to your table