1

Auryn's golden hair glinted in the sunlight as she rushed through the bright meadow, her sapphire eyes danced with laughter as she peeked over her shoulder at her husband.

The broad shouldered knight was running after her with a charming smile on his handsome face. His deep green eyes always looked at her with the purest warmest of loves and his normally stoic and composed features always softened in ways that could make any woman swoon. "You'll never catch me Sorin!" She laughed playfully as she ran from him.

He chuckled and his eyes danced playfully as he pursued her. "Auryn Fleurdelis!" He breathed affectionately as he finally caught her in his arms and spun her around to face him. He leaned down and kissed her breathlessly as she giggled. "You never cease to be the sunshine in my life..." he whispered softly as he ran his hand gently through his young wife's hair. She was the picture of beauty, golden hair, porcelain skin that always became sun kissed during the summer, sapphire eyes that could light up the whole room, and a smile that never failed to make a room feel warm. Her delicate floral dress was so carefully hand embroidered with each little flower, her matching floral corset bodice gave her a graceful whimsy.

He knew these hands he held in his worked their garden and crafted their clothes and their wears in their home. The infinite ways she made their home full of beautiful and precious memories, crafting so many things that he knew they'd pass down generation after generation. Most of all... he knew her heart was the biggest treasure he'd ever known.

He pressed his forehead to hers and smiled softly as she closed her eyes and leaned into him. "You are my heart and the only person I ever need." She said softly as she looked up at him with adoration and a deep unending love. Her knight, the man who loved her and cared for her in every way.

His dark tousled hair fell in waves around his handsome face, his deep green eyes looked at her and all she felt was warmth and safety. His strong arms wrapped around her and held her close as she rested her head on his chest. He always came back to her no matter the mission he had to go on. Their marriage was young but time would prove this love was unending.
——————

Auryn clutched her husbands hand tightly as she screamed. She sobbed and leaned against him as she took a moment to catch her breath.

"You're doing so well Mrs Fleurdelis, just one more push with this next contraction!" The nurse cooed as Sorin gently wiped his wife's face with the cold damp cloth from the water basin. He kissed her cheek gently and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. She whimpered softly as she dreaded the next contraction.

She breathed in sharply as another contraction hit and she screamed loudly as she pushed with all her might, holding tightly to Sorin's hand. Her body went limp in his arms and the bed as a sharp little cry filled the room. A sigh of relief fell from her lips as the nurse clipped the cord and wiped the baby down with a warm towel. She'd done it... their baby was here and screaming a healthy amount.

"It's a boy, Sir Fleurdelis! Congratulations on your heir." The nurse announced and Auryn watched Sorin's face filled with such joy as he kissed her temple gently before lowering her down to rest on the bed and approaching the nurse who held out their son to him.

He took their boy into his arms and looked down at him with such adoration. He didn't know it was possible to love someone so much as he held the perfect little life that his wife had gifted them.

"He's beautiful, Auryn." He breathed with awe before turning to look at his wife with tears in his eyes. He gently laid the baby in Auryn's arms and she looked down at their perfect baby and sobbed as she took in his perfect little face. She kissed him softly on the cheek and held him tightly to her.