15. summer's on

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
chapter fifteen: summer's on

[a/n]: summer's on, and we've gone...surf, surf crazyyy!! i love writing summer stories because the vibe is just so chef's kiss and the descriptions are so much more fun to write. also, do you guys like the graphics in the act II chapter and in this chapter? lmk if i should make more...

i'm trying to take more time with my writing, because sometimes i have a bad habit of prioritizing quantity/speed of updates over quality. i will continue update regularly, but i just want to produce something i'm more proud of! hope you understand.
━━━

( 🥥🐚🌺 )
JUNE 1ST, 2011

𓆉°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・━━━ "THREE, TWO, ONE..." THE SCHOOLBELL shrieks, the piercing, unpleasant sound a glorious signal of the students' liberation as cheers erupt from the junior classrooms of Plainview High School and travel into the linoleum tiled hallways.

Haley Buxbaum struggles to exit the classroom with her thick stack of books, shoving through the throng of kids filing out of the school all at once, throwing their papers in the air and unloading their backpacks into the garbage bins.

"Summer is on!" a loud, booming voice announces from somewhere in the sea of students, whose current was harshly pushing Haley through the hallway. She stops at her locker in time to grab her backpack, and then she is on her way, sailing out the glass double doors just in time to catch her friends: Heather Hills, Olive Quinn, and Lisbeth Wright.

"Hey, girl! You're lookin' rough," Heather observes, scanning her friend's disheveled appearance. Heather reaches into Haley's hair and picks out a few eraser shavings (she doesn't even want to know how those got in there, and what other atrocities might be embedded in her tresses), flicking them onto the pavement below.

Olive stretches her arms to the sky, pushing her sunglasses up into her ginger hair. "Last day of school is quite the event around here. You will not believe how excited I am to hit the pool tomorrow. We're still on for that, right?"

"You bet," Lisbeth agrees, fanning herself. Even though today's heat has been unbearable for most students, Lisbeth has been braving through it in her light blue bouclé sweater. She defended her fashion choice, saying she would "suffer in the name of style."

"The country club just isn't the same in the winter," Haley adds. "Summer is just the most perfect thing in the entire world. Long days, sun-bleached hair, car rides with 'Love Story' blasting from the speakers. Life could not get any better, could it?"