25. Michael

*Next night*
I tapped my fork against my glass, as I stood at the island. I watched patiently as the faces of our family and friends turned to me.
"I just wanted to thank you allot you guy for coming tonight. And also for the housewarming presents. That was the plan for the party but the reason why is because we have an announcement that we want to tell all of you together." Everyone looked at each other in confusion. Calum squeezed my hand and I took a deep breath. I had been hiding my ring since everyone arrived, so I didn't blow the surprise. I felt a smiled creep to my face.
"We're getting married." The room fell silent as I stood there awkwardly. But seconds later, the rock bursted out in screams and yells of excitement. I felt the urge to say the words nagging my mind and almost surfacing; I'm pregnant. But I can't do that, not infront of everyone. Me and Calum made our way to the couch as people started the to surround us. All of the girls were swooning over my ring and begging me for the proposal story as Calum was barricaded by man hugs and pats on the back.
"Tell us about his proposal. We want every detail!" Kayla said, clapping her hands in excitement. The whole room fell silent as I started the story that only happened hours ago.
"Just yesterday, we visited some of Calum's family friends at their farm. The whole day was going great.. And after I sang their daughter Emma to sleep, Calum led me out and through the fields. I had no idea where he was taking me until the barn came into view. It was the most beautiful thing that I have seen. It was decorated inside and out with whit Christmas lights. As we made our way inside, there was a cute sign that said "C+G". As we walked in, the whole barn was set up as a room. With a bed, and our bags in a corner. Calum then showed me a collage of us, which was adorable. I turned back towards him, to see him looking at his shoes, shyly. I still remember his exact words as his told me he loved me. He went on and on.. He confessed and said that he was screwed up and that with me, everything is perfect, and that he never wants to be messed up again. And that what he was trying to say was that he can't live without me.. And that he needs me. My giggles, weird fetishes, and all. At that point I was crying like crazy. I looked away for a split second to gather myself. And the second I looked back, he was on one knee. And he said he wanted to spend forever with me, no matter what. And that's when he popped the question." I haven't even realized that my eyes were watery. Everyone awwwwwwed and smiled at me.
"And that's where we are getting married. In the barn at the same farm." I grinned a little since I rhymed. Soon, everyone fell into normal conversations. Around 11, people started leaving one by one, and I handed our invitations on their way out. Soon, the only people left were Kayla, Luke, and Ashton. We all ended up laying on top of each other on the smallest couch.
"I can't believe you guys I are getting married." Kayla said for what felt like the tenth time.
"Yep." I said, snuggling into Calum's side. I laid in silence as we watched tv in silence.
"Oh yeah!" I yelled, getting up and running to the kitchen. I totally forgot about my maid of honor. Luckily we had a ring pop stashed away with the chocolate. I smiled and in wrapped in. I ran back into the room and stopped in front of Kayla.
"Kayla, we've been friends from the start. You've been there for me everywhere along the way up to right now. And I don't know anyone that would be a more perfect maid of honor than you! So... Will you, Kayla Jennet Fox, be my maid of honor?" I got down on one knee and smiled. I could tell she was holding in her laughter.
"Yes" she finally said, taking the ring and putting it on her ring finger. I laughed as she put it into her mouth and then hugged me. I turned to Ashton who had bursts out in a fit of giggles, and laughed again. Calum looked at me impressed and I smiled.
"Top that." I flipped my hair and stuck my head up. He rolled his eyes and got up. He turned to Ashton and Luke, and took a deep breath.
"We all know that I can't top her so oh well. But here it goes anyways. You guys are like my brothers. We've know each other for suck a long time and have been through everything you could think of. And through this rollercoaster of emotions during me and Gwen's relationship, you guys would always cheer me up and make sure everything is ok. And if for some reason something were to happen on my wedding day, I would only want you guys to help me. I know your only supposed to have a best man but I can't choose. So will you to men, Luke Robert Hemmings, and and Ashton Fletcher Irwin be my best men?" Their smiles were so wide, they took up all of their faces.
"Yeah!" They said in unison before tackling Calum in a hug. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. As soon as they released them, Kayla started to talk.
"Ok, first things first. You've got your venue, invitations, etc. BUT you need a dress!!!!!!" She squealed, bouncing up and down on the couch.
"Yeah." I said said, looking down at myself. What if it's obvious that I'm pregnant... If I even am.
"We're going tomorrow. And you boys have to go get your suits." She pointed to the guys warningly.
"Tomorrow?!" I asked, looking at her like she as crazy.
"Yeah tomorrow! The wedding is 23 days away! And what if we have to have the dress altered? And what if the dress doesn't match the theme of the wedding? Allot of things revolve around it. So we need to find the perfect one, quick." I sighed and nodded. She smiled and took a little shopping list out of her bag.
"Ok.. So I have a style in mind for you already. We have a lot to do. Centerpieces, theme, budget, honeymoon, and bachelor and bachelorette parties but me and best with decide that." She scribbled down a coupled things onto the list.
"I already have the honeymoon covered." Calum said, smirking at me.
"Well that's great!" Kayla said, checking it off her list
"You know you don't have to go all commando right? Cause I can help with-" she cut me off and shook her head.
"No! It's all a surprise. I want you to have to complete worry free and wow moments that come with getting married. And I refuse to have you do any work." I raised my hands in surrender and nodded.
"Ok, ok." The room fell into an awkward silence. I looked around at everyone, and felt something wrong. I felt like someone is missing... Michael. We all looked at each other, thinking the same thing until Kayla spoke.
"I talked to him the other day." We all looked in shock.
"Yeah I know... He wanted to talk and I thought, why not? But now I know what he did and I'm pissed. Did you know he dyed his hair twice?" We all shook our heads silently.
"It's black now."
"Black?!" We all asked. She nodded and looked down at her paper. I looked to Ashton and Luke who looked confused.
"What did he do?" Ashton asked, looking at me. I had assumed that Calum told them, but apparently not.
"Two days ago, Michael broke into the house and got in a huge fight with Calum." His eyes went wide as Luke's did too.
"What even happened to him? I feel like he just blew up in our faces one day.." Luke said, looking down at his hands. I know what I happened..... I happened. And dementia happened.
"He..... He loved me.... And couldn't accept the fact that I don't love him back..." I said to Luke. He looked up and nodded to me. Kayla suddenly gasped and sat up.
"Aww shit. Does he know about the engagement?! Or the wedding?!" Shit was right.
"No!" I said, thinking of what could happen if he found out.
I don't understand why he reacts this way... And honestly I think he should know now, instead of finding out the hard way.
"I need to talk to him." Everyone sent me a look like I was crazy.
"Absolutely not!" Kayla yelled, with wide eyes.
"Are you crazy?! He can kill you!" Aston yelled. I paused and thought of Michaels face.
"No he won't. He won't hurt me." I said, even though I know that it might not be true.
"No one knows what he'll do! He's changed" Luke said, speaking up.
"And so have I! I know how to handle him." I fought back, getting upset.
"Gwen." Calum said seriously, walking over to me.
"Yeah?" He motioned me to the kitchen and I sighed before following him in. Everyone sent me a look that I couldn't decipher. I walked in front of Calum and looked up at him.
"Cal, I know it's dangerous but, I swear nothing will happen... I mean he could've done worse to me that night but he didn't." He sighed and shook his head.
"Exactly, he could've. What's going to stop him from doing something worse, huh? I'm not taking that chance Gwen!" He looked exasperated and desperate.
"But I-" he held up his hand and sighed.
"There no discussion about this. You're not going." He said flatly.
"Calum please. Just hear me out.." I expected him to say no but he just nodded.
"I know you don't want me getting hurt. I get it. But all I need to do is talk to him in person. It can be anywhere you want. You can put a tracker in my bag or have Ashton watch us if you want. Or both. I just need to talk to him one more time before we get married.. Can you please let me?" He sighed and looked at me.
"How do you make these things seem better than they are? And manipulate me?" He smirked and I shrugged.
"What can I say? It's a natural talent." He rolled his eyes and kissed me on the forehead.
"Sorry for being controlling. I had an overprotective over fiancé moment." I smiled and took him into a hug.
"It happens." I gave him a quick kiss before walking back into the living room. Calum followed me shortly and sat next to me.
"So we've came to an agreement." Everyone turned to him and nodded.
"Tomorrow before the girls go dress shopping, I decided that Gwen is going to meet up with Michael. In public. And along with that, Ashton, Luke, and I will be watching from a distance. And Kayla will be waiting in a separate car." Everyone thought it over for a second before agreeing.
"Let's do it."

~~~~Next Day~~~~
I walked slowly on he sidewalk, towards the bench at which me and Michael decided to meet. I sat down slowly, and glanced over to where Ashton was hid. He had dark sunglasses and dark clothes on. I sat quietly, watching the kids play as I waited.
"I see that Ashton followed you." I jumped at he sound of Michaels familiar voice next to my ear. I turned to see a now black haired Michael staring at me.
"Yeah..." I trailed off, scanning him up and down. He was dressed casually and comfortably.
"So... Why do you want to talk all of a sudden?" I sighed and turned to him as he sat down.
"Well... I want to know what happened to you. I mean... Attacking us? Changing your hair suddenly? That's not the Michael I know. And I want to know where he went." He sighed and looked to me.
"People change, Gwen. What else is there to say?" He asked, tapping his foot.
"Michael stop. I know you're not like this. And I want you to come back from the little world your in right now. Cause stuff is about to happen and I need that Michael here." My mind went straight to the baby as he words came out of my mouth. He looked at me funny for a second before speaking again.
"What stuff?" He narrowed his eyes as I looked at my hands.
"I can't tell you Michael." I sighed and sat back a little. He seemed to relax a little and I started to think that we were getting somewhere. Until he saw my ring.
"Are you fucking serious?" His eyes widened as he pointed to the ring.
"I know. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner." His face was red with anger.
"Well if you think your getting the other Michael back for that. You certainly aren't." He stood up and turned away.
"Michael wait!" I yelled, grabbing his arm. It's now or never... I sighed and looked up.
"It's not that." I said flatly, looked up at him.
"Then what is it?" He spat, towering over me. The second the words left my mouth his face turned as white as a ghost.
"I-I'm pregnant."

AUTHORS NOTE: Gwen can't keep a secret... BUT I'm very proud of this long chapter!!!! Next chapter is going to be super exciting!!!! The weddings cominggg!!!! Thanks for reading guys!!!! Hope you liked it! (Sorry if there are errors)