CHAPTER 18

Karthik was sitting on the balcony at night drinking beer. He was crying... Crying his heart out about how his life changed. He is now missing Maya... Her presence. He takes his phone and dials her number.

But she keeps cutting the call. "P-Please... Please, Maya!" he cries as he tries again.

The guy who promised himself not to fall in love with her is now begging her to attend the call.

He is regretting... Regretting everything he said to her. He sobbed hard and hard. He wanted to take all the words he said to her but it's all waste. The words are sharper than a knife which can hurt a girl very easily.

Karthik gets up and lays on the bed, he wants to sleep but he can't, anyway, he closes his eyes.

Anyway, he opened the door of her house, his lips were still swollen from the beatings of her brothers. His best friend, Maanav was also there. He also got hits from her brothers.

He looked around and saw no one in the living room, "I guess... her father and brothers are not here" Karthik said as he smiled.

"We can soap her mom, she seems pure soul!" Karthik said as Maanav nodded and walked inside. "Daa... If I get hit again by her big muscular brothers... I will die at the first hit itself, Macha" Maanav said as he groaned in pain that ache from his back.

"Don't worry... let's go to her room now!" He said as he ran to her room upstairs.

He saw her mom and aunt standing in front of the room, her mom had food in her hand, probably it was the breakfast for Sitara.

"Aunty... why are you not opening the door?" Karthik as they gasp. "Why are you here?" She asks as he looks down.

"Auntie... after all the beating from your sons makes mine and my macha's body swollen but we are still here is for Sitara... I can't live without her... Open the door please" He kneels in front of her mom touches her feet and begs.

"She is not opening the door... she locked it outside" Her amma gulps as he gets up.

"Sitara... opens the door! It's me, Karthik! Open the door, love" He said while knocking on the door.

But she didn't open the door, Karthik started panicking, he didn't know but felt a bad feeling. He pushed the door.

"Daa Maanav vaa (come)" He called his best friend.

As they open destroy the lock and open the door, as soon as he walks inside the door, the sight is shocking to him. The love of his life is lying on the bed unconscious as the blood is on the floor. She cuts the vein.

"S-Sitara" his eyes get teary, he walks near her and holds her close to him.

"Maanav let's go to the hospital" he shouts as her amma and aunt start crying. Maanav noticed a letter on the table, it was in English obviously for her lover.

But he put it in his pocket and saw Karthik carrying her, he ran outside and started the car. Karthik was crying, he ran to the car and went to a nearby hospital.

"Sitara... why did you do this?" He cries Maanav looks at Karthik, and Maanav's eyes get teary at the sight of his bff crying.

"Stay awake... don't leave me... you-you promised...please Sitara please,  I never begged anyone for anything but I am begging you... please don't leave me! I love you di... please" He cries as he hugs her.

At the hospital, Karthik was crying while sitting on the hospital floor as the doctors were trying their hard to save her life.

Maanav was crying, "G-Get up... sit on the chair at least," he said as he nodded no. "M-My Sitara is in danger because of me! She got beaten up by her dad because of me, Maanav! She got hurt because of me" He hugs him tightly.

But suddenly, Maanav felt a kick on his back and he fell on the floor hard as they both looked up shocked.

They saw her dad standing in front of him with his sons. Karthik and Maanav get up, and as soon as they get up all they received was a punch from her brothers. But they both didn't react.

"BECAUSE OF YOU NOW MY DAUGHTER IS IN THIS STATE!! YOU BRAINWASHED HER AND MADE HER OBSESSED WITH YOU!! YOU F@CKING BASTARD" Her big brother punched Karthik hard.

"NOOO, DONT HURT HIM PLEASE" Maanav cries as he struggles in her 2nd brother's hand.

Suddenly the doctor came from the room and called Karthik inside, Karthik ran inside the looked at Sitara, she turned pale, and her rose lips turned black.

"I am sorry... she died" Those words hit him hard, and he nodded no.

He suddenly hugs her tightly and cries hard. "NOOOO!! No no... this can't be true, she promised me that she wouldn't leave me and we would get married and live together until we are old!! Sitara wake up, stop playing with me! Stop joking, love... it's not a funny one... it's not funny!"

Suddenly her brother comes and separates him from her and he kneels on the floor and cries hard, "N-No... she breaks her promises, she leaves me alone in this world! She left me" He cries hard as Maanav runs near him and hugs him tightly.

"S-She left me, Maanav... M-My Sitara leaves me! Doesn't she promise me? I promised her that I would come back for her yesterday but she didn't trust me. My love left me... I have no one..." he hugs Maanav and cries on his shoulder.

"LEAVE FROM HERE! BOTH OF YOU LEAVE" Her appa shouted as he looked up at him, "C-Can I see her last time?" He asked permission as her brothers dragged both of them out of the hospital.

Maya closes the diary, wipes her tears, and sighs. She feels sorry for the old Karthik, Karthik when he was Sitara's love. Maya sighs and looks outside the window and prays for Sitara for a minute.

She took her phone and saw missed calls from Karthik but she didn't attend the call. Just because of his past, he shouldn't have hurt his present.

The next day, Maya was at school. Due to annual day function practices, teachers and students are in that mood. Maya and her students at the auditorium.

As she is the class teacher of final year students the excitement of them is very high. She was sitting on the chair while watching her students practice.

Suddenly she heard someone calling her name, she turned around and saw the school staff calling her name, "Mrs Maya someone is here to see you... Can I call him inside the auditorium?" She asked as she nodded wondering who was coming.

She waited and saw her familiar body type she saw, she saw Karthik walking inside the auditorium. He looked so much thinner and weaker, and his eyes... the pride that showed in his eyes was gone now.

Her mind was full of the diary...