Chapter 1

Lara Walters, 18 years old and living her best life. She is studying to become a full time vet and is even working part-time in the industry. She adores dogs and enjoys helping them. One day, a stray dog is brought in and Lara offers to help the poor animal. She takes the dog to an operating room. She checks what's wrong with him and sees he has sustained 3 broken bogs. The lady who brung him to the vet is in the room with Lara and tells her that the dog was run over by a driver who didn't see him walking across the road. So Lara starts to operate on the dog. The operation goes smoothly and 5 minutes later the dog is healed. Lara gives the animal back to the lady. 

"Thank you," the lady said. Lara nods and the lady leaves. Lara sits down in her chair and lets out a sigh. She knows how horrific dogs injures can get, having a puppy named Joe who died from 12 broken bones which couldn't be fixed. She takes a sip of her tea when her boss, Justin Garner enters.

"Lara," Justin tells her, "It's your break time. Go, enjoy your lunch," Lara nods and stands up. She heads out of the operating room and to the canteen

                                                                                     -------------------

Inside the canteen, Lara sat down with her two best friends, Chloe Wilkinson and Ella Simmons. The two of them had just finished operating on an injured cat. Lara got her lunchbox from her bag. Inside was a Cheese Sandwich with crisps and even sweets, including a cartoon of orange juice. Chloe had a whole Pizza and Ella just some crisps. "Ella, you didn't pack much. Aren't you hungry?" Lara asked

"Well I had a full English Breakfast earlier so no, I'm not very hungry," Ella replied

Lara didn't say anything else and continued to eat. Chloe wasn't paying any attention to the two girls; she was on her phone looking at the news. "No way!" She announced "Jason Anderson is dating Mia Banks"

"Let me see," Chloe showed Ella and Ella gasped. "I loves Mia Banks,"

"Me too," Chloe replied. "I'm so happy for them,"

Lara wasn't paying attention. She didn't know who Jason Anderson and Mia Banks was. The only celebrity she loved was Nigel Page, and he died ten years ago. Lara checks her watch and sees its now 9:30pm. She quickly finishes her sandwich, packs her lunch away and stands up. Chloe looks at her. "Where are you go?"

"Home," Lara moves away from the table. "I'll see you girls tomorrow," Lara walks towards the door and leaves onto the dark streets of Millstone.