chapter 2: what's that?

Once the soldiers all woke up, they went back on the road again, and they marched for another while, after ultimately reaching their destination, Mediolanium. Some soldiers put up the settlement, the superior talked about the strategies, and the rest of the soldier either guarded the settlement or started preparing a campfire and the food for lunch. Max was guarding the camp, the sun was keeping him and his comrades warm, the looked at the sky, a few birds were flying by. He looked at his comrades, specifically at the ones cooking, and he walked towards them and took a look at what they were doing, then he commented,《smells good.》to which one of the soldier coiking replied《thanks. But dont rush, it still needs some minutes to be ready.》max nodded《and what is it exactly?》《its deer stew.》he said as he mixed the stew in the big pot. 《Seems delicious. I can't wait to taste it.》he said before walking away. A few minutes later, lunch was ready, and all the soldiers sat down to eat.
Later that evening, Max was assigned guard duty. So he stood barely outside of the settlement and tried to keep an eye on his surroundings. Suddenly he heard a noise... a rustling of leaves...he took a look towards the woods, but couldn't see anything... Maybe it was just a bunny. No, it was too loud to be such a small animal... max glanced at his comrades before deciding to walk towards the woods and go have a look, maybe he could find out on his own what was making that noise. He ventured inside the woods, hitting some bushes with his spear, looking up at the trees and behind them. He couldn't find much. But just as he was about to turn to leave, he heard something...《ack!》he quickly turned towards the noise, what was that? Some sort of animal that got hurt? He quickly went towards the noise, until he reached a little clearing in the middle of the woods, he looked around, but couldn't find much...he sighed. It probably wasn't anything dangerous anyway. Suddenly he heard some more rustling between the bushes. He swore this animal was playing with him.

_______________________________

376 words