Chapter 2

The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black had a legacy of both madness and greatness. Some even claim that their heart and magic were as black as their name. They were considered as good as royalty in the British Wizarding World. Their lineage could be traced back hundreds of years to the Middle Ages.

The Black Family members, excluding Andromeda and Sirius, smirked with pride at the looks of those around them.

"Can your family really be traced back that far?" Lily Evans asked curiously, ignoring the sneering of many purebloods.

"Yeah," Sirius nodded, rolling his eyes at the mention of his family.

"Wait?" a first-year Ravenclaw muggle-born paused. "What do they mean by madness?"

"Well," Andromeda Tonks smiled kindly at them. "The Black Family are known to be a bit mad."

"A bit?" Sirius snorted; that was the understatement of the century.

Upon the news of Regulus Black's disappearance and death and Sirius Black's arrest, many celebrated the end of the House of Black.

"What?!" Many yelled out in shock.

"I'm dead?" Regulus Black said, confused and shocked for once; his pureblood mask was nowhere to be seen. Barty Crouch Jr, Rabastan Lestrange, and Evan Rosier looked at their friend in worry and concern.

The Black Family was shocked by what they had just learned; as of right now, their family was large with many members. How was it possible that they were so close to extinction?

"Padfoot," James called out worriedly, seeing his best friend's state, even though he knew Sirius's reaction was justified.

"I get arrested?! Sirius yelled out in a panic despite his friends' attempt to calm him down.

"I'm sure it's a mistake," Remus says, trying to think of a reason or an explanation.

Arcturus Black clenched his jaw in anger at the thought of the extinction of their house. He knew it was because they chose to follow the Dark Lord; it tore his family apart and led them to their death.

"Arcturus," Melania Black called out in worry, seeing her husband's expression of anger and regret.

Little did they know that there was still a shining star left.

The Black Family perked up, knowing their house was not lost. A star that must have meant that either Sirius or Regulus had a child.

"Mate," James called out. "Maybe you had a child."

Sirius was conflicted; on one hand, it could be either him or Regulus. If he were the father, would he be good or bad? What if he turned out just like his father?

Regulus looked at the screen, deep in thought to the concern of his friends. He was unsure of this new development; on one hand, it could be Sirius's child, but it could also be his. If it was his child, he dreaded to think about the danger they would be in with him being dead and a death eater.

......

Regulus Arcturus Black is the second son of The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black. For most of his life, he has been second to his brother Sirius, who is their family's heir, firstborn son, and magic prodigy.

Even when he rebelled and ran away, Sirius remained the favorite of most of their family. Despite his rebellious nature, Sirius was the perfect heir when he wanted to be.

Many looked toward Regulus, whose emotionless expression caused them to avert their gaze. He had no idea why the darkest moments of his life were being shown, and he didn't understand why this was relevant.