² LOST & FOUND

"MILES GET UP!" KATE YELLED, hitting the door multiple times before she stopped. she headed back to the kitchen to get flora started on her work. at least one kid would be situated for the morning.

"fuck you!" he groaned, burying his head further into his pillow. his left arm was tucked under his pillow while his right hung off the side of his bed.

well, mattress.

"i mean it! you're going to be late and school's across town!" kate yelled from down the hall.

"yeah, yeah." he mumbled, forcing an eye open to look at his clock. "eight-o-nine." he whispered, shaking his head slightly.

"shit, eight-o-nine." he gasped, tripping up to get to his bathroom.

"miles! now!" kate yelled across the hall, "i'm getting ready,!" he shouted back, as he ran out of his bathroom. he brushed his teeth quickly as he looked around his room for anything to wear.

roughly, miles picked up a dark purple cable knit sweater with stripes, pulling it over his head and pulling it down his bare chest.

he ran back into the bathroom spitting out his toothpaste before running back into his room, searching around for some pants.

panicked, he ran back into the bathroom as he finished brushing. he splashed water onto his face, wiping it with the bottom of his sweater before running back outside and picking up some black cargo jeans.

he yanked off his dark green plaid pajamas before pulling the dark cargo's on and grabbing his dark blue jansport, running through his bedroom door.

"hurry up; waffles are on the table, grab them let's go." kate quickly said as she saw miles walk into the living room.

"miles!" flora squealed, getting up and running around the sofa to hug her brother, "hi flora." he breathed, grabbing the plate with waffles in one hand and hugging his sister with the other.

"be safe!" the seven year old advised, tugging on his sweater before skipping back to her plate on the coffee table.

"i will, love you!" he rushed, running out the door and getting into the car.

audrey softly hummed the tune to another micheal jackson song playing on her phone as she pedaled to american high.

the girl's hand swiftly came up to her wired headphones; clicking the small rectangular button to pause as she carefully braked. she was at the intersection to cross the main street.

she pressed the sidewalk's light button, clicking play on her button again. the girl stood ready on her bike as she glanced around at her surroundings. she glanced to the side at the bombay garden restaurant that had been closed since she was eleven years old.

audrey sighed, remembering that's where they had her little brother's first birthday. still, she laughed remembering how he looked like a little girl with cake all over his lips that day.

before she could smile at another thought, the sound of a honk invaded her happy thoughts. she turned to the car who had honked before quickly looking back to the street light across the crosswalk that had the signal to go.

she rolled her eyes and squeezed her handles as she propelled herself slowly forward on her pedals.

so very slowly.

"i'll give you something to honk at, toyota body build bitch."