Year 3 Chapter 14: Chiori's Confession & The Results of The Sports Festival

FYI
: Speech
- Thoughts
[Flashback/Recording]
"Quoting"
OAA Cards/Messages/Calls/Results
—————————————————————————————————————

Hirata: You killed someone?

Chiori: I don't regret it. It doesn't really faze me either.

Hirata: That's wrong. You... killed someone.

Chiori looks at him darkly.

Chiori: Then tell me Hirata-Senpai. Suppose the people who bullied your friend into committing suicide died. Would you really feel bad about it?

Hirata: I... I don't think I would.

Chiori: It's the same for me.

Hirata: But killing those people makes you just as bad as them!

Chiori: No it doesn't. I killed 1 person. They killed many. That is not the same. I might have become a worse person but I am not as bad as them. Even if I am I don't mind as long as he is dead.

Hirata: Killing him can't bring back your friends! You...

Chiori: That's true but he won't be able to do the same to any of the other children in there. I've also dealt an immense blow to my father. Himekawa-Sensei is not easily replaceable.

Hirata is terrified at her way of thinking.

Hirata: Do you enjoy doing this sort of thing?

Chiori: Of course not. It was a disgusting act. I could tell that from just seeing them do it. Doing it myself only confirmed it. But sometimes no matter how horrible doing something feels you have to do it.

Hirata is speechless. Every point he had made was countered completely.

Chiori: In the end though I'm still a failure.

Hirata: ?

Chiori: Even if it becomes necessary. Those who have to resort to killing are failures who fail to control the situation properly.

Hirata: Wait you...

Chiori: If only I had helped my friends more effectively. I could have saved them instead of avenging them. I'm a truly worthless human being.

Hirata grabs onto her shoulders.

Hirata: You're not worthless at all! Even though you went through so much you still wanted to save them so badly. You've accomplished so much and now with your brother's help, you can destroy that place once and for all.

Chiori looks at him in shock.

Chiori: Hirata-Senpai. I'm not a good person you know.

Hirata: You are a good person! Deep inside I know that you are! You've been turned against your better self by your father and that place.

Chiori is again shocked.

Chiori: Why are you telling me these things?

Hirata: It's because I did nothing to save my friend back then. Back then I was worthless. But you did everything you could to save them. That's how I know.

Chiori blushes.

Chiori: You're a strange person Hirata-Senpai.

Hirata: Um. I suppose so.

Chiori smiles at him.

Hirata- Huh? She's really beautiful when she smiles.

Chiori: Thank you Hirata-Senpai. I'm glad I was able to speak with you.