Lady Whistledown

After the ball Penelope, Charlotte, George and the rest of the Bridgerton family parted ways but not without them saying that they would meet up sometime in the week with Eloise and Penelope planning to meet the next day. When they got back to Buckingham house they all retired to their rooms and got ready for bed. Penelope had just got into her night dress when  Charlotte walked in.
"Penelope my dear girl I'm so proud of you for the sticking up for yourself today and that you didn't back down from a fight. You're becoming a royal yet."
"Thank you mama. I feel finally free from everything like no one can hurt me anymore and I have you to thank for that. Thank you for taking me in when you didn't have to. I love you"
" I love you to my dear and you don't have to thank me. Are you going to write a lady Whistledown post about tonight or leave it till next week?"
"No mama I think it will write it tonight."
"Ok my darling I will leave you to it goodnight."
"Goodnight."
After finishing getting ready for bed she dismissed Anne and sat at her desk whilst getting some parchment and a quill. She placed delicately on her desk and began to write.
Dearest gentle reader,
What a scandal we have had at lady Danbury's first ball of the season. First lord fife had been caught in a compromising situation with the earl of Cambridge's daughter. Her mama had walked in the room to find them together. Second the Queen has not picked a diamond this year letting the debutants shine in their own ways without feeling the extra pressure of having to shine more than they already do. Speaking of the queen and the royal family there was shock as not only the king who has not been seen in public for years walked into the hall room with the queen in his arm but they announced that they have a daughter who is none other than Penelope featherington. That's right ladies and gentlemen Penelope Featherington the youngest daughter of Portia and Archibald featherington was seen announced to be her 'royal highness Princess Penelope Mecklenburg-Strelitz'. What as shock ladies and gentlemen. At least she wasn't wearing that awful yellow colour that normally made her look like a overripe citrus fruit and was now wearing what we call Bridgeton blue and wearing a crown that glistened in the light and highlighted her features. After they walked around the ball before she was stolen into multiple dances by none other than Colin Bridgerton who had finally returned from his long travels around the world. Before dancing however Penelope was stopped by her birth mother Portia featherington and they had an argument before being shut down by the kings man and told to stay 'five feet away from her highness at all times and to refrain from talking about the royal family in that way' and than at the end of the night whilst getting a drink Miss Mecklenburg-Strelitz was seen being told off by Cressida Cowper and told to tell the royal family 'the truth' when miss Mecklenburg-Strelitz didn't move she told her to 'move lemon' and than Penelope told her straight and for the first time her stood up for herself. I am one who is looking forward for seeing this new Penelope Featherington and seeing what becomes of her. Until next time gentle readers.
Lady Whistledown
Putting down her quill Penelope re-read it before nodding and letting it dry and climbing into bed for some much needed rest.