Chapter 1

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS MENTIONS OF GUNS, KINFES, BLOOD, SWEARING, ETC.

It's a silent day today. The sun is bright over the usually dreary city of London, with kids playing in parks and dog owners walking their dogs. Picnic baskets cover almost every square inch of empty grass in the Kensington Gardens, with lovers holding hands and brothers shoving fists full of dirt down each other's shirts. It's a peaceful day, and in most cases and places, this lovely, silent, and calm Saturday would be exactly what most people would be looking for after a long and tiring week full of rain.

Well, in most cases.

Ever since 221A and B has been occupied, all the residents of Baker Street have quickly learned that quiet days are the days to be feared most.

Quiet just means that something is just waiting to happen.

***

"Hello, hello, hello everyone! Dr. John Watson here, as you probably guessed – since well, um, you know what my voice sounds like unless you are new, which in that case, hello I'm- well, John -I uh, yeah."

John slumps down into his seat, so much for being classy and confident he thinks as he sighs deeply, glancing at Mariana, who is watching his little breakdown with a look of amusement from the sofa.

"Fine, let's just start over- er –," he starts as he pushes himself up into a more alert position, "Welcome to the first ever Sherlock and Co. live stream!"

Much happier with himself, he continues excitedly with a smile on his face, "Today I'll be your main host! That's right, folks, me, John Watson! Hah! We should call this the John and Co. podcast! With me being the host and all! Like the Joe Rogan podcast! Wait, no- no, that's horrible. I mean- ya know- just self-titled- I mean, I guess we're self-titled too-God, ok, enough of me, here's the great Mariana -because you lot like her more than me-," he holds out the mic towards her.

"Hello, Sherlock and Co listeners! Mariana here!" she chimes in, leaning in closer to the mic.

Smiling, John looks back at his phone where the live chat is now spamming very fast as he continues talking.

------------------------------------------------

The Live Chat

ro.mie: Mariana!!!!!!

SherlocksScarf: The Queen is here!

JonksCoffeeCup: /surprised_pickachu/ /surprised_pickachu//surprised_pickachu/

------------------------------------------------

"And along with the great Mariana, we also have the man himself. You know him, you love him! Well, I hope, um, his name is literally in our podcast name - title thing? He's- well- he's the main point, well, I guess the main point is the cases he solves, but ya know, he's well, he's like the James bond of our podcast- or- or something... well anyway- Welcome, Sherlock Holmes!"

John looks over expectantly at Sherlock, who, to his utter disappointment, hasn't seemed to notice that John has even said anything. He is solely focused on his phone, his fingers fluttering over the screen at a speed that John could never match.

John looks back at Mariana, who's looking back at him with an equally confused look. Awkwardly, John clears his throat in an attempt to catch Sherlock's attention and starts again, "Introducing, the great Sherlock Holmes-"

No response.

"Sherlock Homes -," John tries a bit louder this time.

No response.