Chapter 2

AN: This next part was writing along with my wonderful partner Ro.mie :D

***

"Not in his room? What do you mean not in his room?" John asks, his brows slightly furrowed. He was getting just a tad bit annoyed with Sherlock's behavior. He had agreed to this Q and A for Christ's sake!

"Well, I mean- he isn't responding. I called out to him, and I knocked on his door... but no response. I know he likes to wear those erm... ear defenses?" (Defenders, John noted) "So I tried to send him a WhatsApp message- but he isn't responding. They're showing up as sent, but not read." Mariana says, her voice on the fence between concerned and confused.

She looks down and checks her phone again, trying to check if possibly in the time it took to tell John this, Sherlock might have responded with a message. But- nothing. "I think- maybe you can talk to him? He listens to you, John. Perhaps you can help get him out of this... mood of his."

John nods, running his thumb across his microphone. A nervous habit, he realizes. Which really was a pain in the ass to edit out. He would have to try to keep from doing that. "Yeah- yeah, I'll see what I can do." John nods again and takes a few tentative steps to Sherlock's closed door.

He places a few knocks on the door.

"Hey, Sherlock, mate, it's me... John. You probably knew that. Erm- yeah! Mind opening up this door?"

Silence.

He knocks again, a bit firmer. Just in case Sherlock didn't hear the first time. "Hey, Sherlock. Just checking in. Can I come in? Are you having one of those uhm... what did you call it- dissociative episodes? We've got the Q n' A- so not to rush, but uhh... yeah!"

Still, silence.

By now John starts to get worried. The doctor in him starts to speak up. Or was it the soldier? Or maybe it was just John. But something told him 'if he's not responding, he might be in trouble. If he is in trouble- I have to help'. So, with a quick verbal warning: "Sherlock! I'm going to come in!" He prepared to open the door by force.

He was met with quite a bit of shock when he found the door was unlocked. It simply swung open, leaving him stumbling to regain his balance, tumbling into Sherlock's unseemly messy room.

John pauses for a moment- simply staring at the room. It looked as if a storm passed through- which, knowing Sherlock, it might as well have been. "God it looks like he turned this place inside out!" John says. But quickly- his mood shifted when he realized Mariana was right. Sherlock wasn't in his room.

'So where could he be?' John begins to worry, he walks swiftly further into Sherlock's room, lifting clothes, papers, and books as he does so, looking for something, anything, that could clue him in on what the hell is going on.

Sherlock wouldn't just leave without some sort of notice- he would leave some sort of note, right? So, John looked. He swept aside heaps of hoodies and piles of papers. He made it to Sherlock's bed and started patting down the bedsheets as if he were a cop patting someone down.

That's when he notices something right up by Sherlock's pillow. Now John was completely consumed by worry, Sherlock might not have gone out leisurely- or even by pure will, because what he saw was Sherlock's phone- with all of the unseen messages still on the screen.

He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help himself. He picked up the phone and read the first text out loud.

"If you want to see him, John", he intakes a breath at the mention of his name, "You'll have to find us first".

John's grip on the phone slackens as the reality of the situation hits him with a force of a thousand bricks, Mariana audibly gasps as she grabs the phone to read the text for herself.