Chapter 30

(Three years later)
Y/n pov
It has been three years since I decided to work with Moondrop, I have sent many mortal souls to their afterlife. My lovely dog Cerberus has grown exponentially, he is almost as tall as me.

Moondrop and I have become great friends; in fact, he is my only friend other than Cerberus. He still keeps all of his manners, they have just slacked a little. He still knocks, says good morning, and isn't grabby or touchy. I have learned that he is fond of playing pranks and telling jokes.

He is much similar now to how he was when I first met him with Sundrop in the meadow during the night picnic, although, he is not as frightening. Some of the pranks he plays are quite scary, but after I figure it out, I realize that they are also amusing.

I feel comfortable talking with him, it relaxes me a lot. His voice is more on the horror side, but his words are soothing. He isn't fond of his own voice; he finds it disturbing and repulsive. It took him months into our friendship to realize that I don't have the same thoughts as he has on his voice.

He is quite kind; when he isn't playing pranks on me, that is. Moon makes me happy, he makes me smile. He likes to listen to me rant, he says he finds it amusing but also calming.

We are currently dealing with a great influx of mortal souls. "There hasn't ever been this many at once before," Moon murmured to me as I tried to get them all to settle down and get in an orderly line. "Well, what the hell happened for this many to come down here," I hollar to him, still trying to get everything situated.

I walked around and started asking the souls of their deaths, but this only made them shrink away in fear. None of them would tell me what happened to cause this mass death. Suddenly and child walked up to me, "Oh no," My heart breaks every time I see the soul of a child. "Ma'am," he tugged at my sleeve, "where are we?" the child asked in a thick country accent. He looked no more than four years old. I crouch down to his height, "you are in the Underworld darling," I whisper softly. "My momma didn't come with me, do you know where my momma is?" His words crushed my heart into pieces.

I pick up the little boy and carry him in my arms.
I walked around asking every man and woman if they knew him, but it led to nothing. He was able to speak quite well for someone so young, so I figured his family must be of high status. "Dont worry, you can stay with me till we find your family, okay?" My voice holds sympathy and sadness as I speak to the young child. He nodded his head.

"What on earth are you holding y/n?" Moon asked, slightly grossed out. I glare at him, "a child, he will be living with us for a while," I state nonchalantly, showing him the child. "Fine, whatever," Moon groans, taking care of a mortal child was something he found bothersome, any child at that really. "Let's get you to bed," I say softly to the young child who is drifting off to sleep in my arms.

—————————————————————————
Word count: 594
Authors note: I wonder...why are there so many mortal souls suddenly coming to the Underworld? Hehehe