2

Once he'd reentered the room he felt an instant wave of exhaustion wash over him, a yawn making its way out of his mouth without warning. Scott's yawn followed shortly after.

"Yo, Isaac," Scott called from his bed.

"Scott?" He answered.

"If you were gonna sleep in your underwear I could've kept the shorts." he grinned.

Isaac looked down to see he'd stripped in the bathroom but only dressed back halfway. He only smiled.

"Force of habit." he shrugged not so apologetically, but still blushed.

Scott playfully threw his leg in the air to show off his pantslessness as well.

"I'm not judging."

He laughed and Isaac laughed with him.

Isaac carried on, finding a blanket and making his way towards the chair next to other boy's bed.

He stretched himself out over the seat and made himself comfortable. Well, as comfortable as he could be in a chair, that is.

"Goodnight, Scott." he whispered, settling in.

"Goodnight, Isaac." Scott repeated.

It had only been a couple minutes after they'd lain down before Scott became restless atop the bed.

"Issac." he finally whispered.

"Isaac."

"Yeah?" He answered, his voice already groggy.

"Are you okay right there?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Isaac answered.

"Okay."

It was quiet again for a couple more minutes and Isaac could feel himself slipping back into unconsciousness.. right up until Scott spoke again.

"Isaac, you really don't have to sleep right there." He whispered again.

Isaac sighed, and sat up to look at Scott reassuringly.

"Scott, honestly, I'm okay with the chair." he smiled.

It really was okay. He could be sleeping in the backyard and he still wouldn't complain. It was enough that Scott even let him stay at all, he could do a lot worse than a chair.

"I just want you to be comfortable, is all." he said, his voice hushed as though he'd scare the taller boy off had it been any louder.

Isaac's face was flushed and he thanked God it was too dark for Scott to notice it.

"Scott, honestly it's fine. I'm okay, promise." He insisted once more.

Scott let out a defeated sigh and nodded.

Just when Isaac had thought Scott was finally done and moved to lie back down, he spoke up again.

"Take the bed." he said, throwing the comforter off of himself and standing.

"Scott, I'm not gonna kick you out of your bed." Isaac responded incredulously.

Scott stepped forward and crouched to get as close to Isaac's face as he possibly could, staring at his closed eyelids. His eyes accidentally wandered to the pink lips of the taller boy causing him to lick his own absentmindedly.

"Isaac Lahey, I'm not going to sleep, and neither are you, until you're in that bed, sleeping like a baby." Scott spoke with unwavering determination, as though he'd made it his mission to make the blond as comfortable as can be, but Isaac could hear him smiling through his setious facade.

Isaac restricted the movements of his own lips, the corners of which threatened to turn upwards as his heart began beating significantly quicker in his chest at the voice inches away from his face.

Isaac didn't want to be a burden, he'd already come to the boy's house unannounced, worn his clothes and now he was about to force him to give up his bed for him.He opened his eyes, startled at how close Scott actually was to his face. If he could only move closer..

"Scott," he shook his head. "I can't put you out of your bed, I'd feel too bad. I can sleep here."

Scott furrowed his brow, then he smiled. "If you don't want to put me out, then fine. I won't leave the bed." He said, crawling back in.

Isaac gave him a small smile. "Okay, g-"

"Get in with me." Scott interrupted, his tone suggested that the statement was a legitimate invitation.

Isaac tried his best to compose himself, though his heart nearly leaped from his chest this time.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

Geez, Isaac. Don't sound too excited. Isaac thought to himself.

Scott gave him that winning smile that only he was capable of. Also the only smile that, though Scott was unaware, made Isaac's heart do somersaults.

It wasn't a good idea. Given everything that happened tonight, his memories of his father trying to resurface, and his undeniable feelings towards the male beckoning him towards his bed; it wasn't a good combination. It took everything he had to keep all these feelings at bay and getting in bed with Scott would be allowing some of them to slip through the cracks and he feared the rest would follow suit. If that happened, it wouldn't end well, to say the least. The anchor that kept his wolf under his control was slipping under the pressure of all these pent up feelings, its claws getting dangerously closer to the surface and Isaac's mask of calm faltered for a moment at the thought of it all.

Despite all this, Isaac was, first and foremost, a teenage boy. A teenage boy who had two heads to think with and he, to no one's surprise, followed the advice of the wrong one.

He got in bed with Scott McCall.