Year 3- Chapter 16: The Gambling Special Exam?

FYI
: Speech
- Thoughts
[Flashback/Recording]
"Quoting"
OAA Cards/Messages/Calls/Results
—————————————————————————————————————

Kiyotaka POV

Class A were all in listening to Chabashira.

Kiyotaka- Right now I estimate the class has about 35 million points. I'm not including Koenji nor did I before because he'd never share his Private Points with me even if I asked for them as a favour. Because of that, I'll have to ask him in the next exam where it is necessary. I doubt his pride would allow him to refuse.

Chabashira: The Next exam will be optional.

Ike- I'll sit it out then.

Kiyotaka- So that's what it is.

Hirata: Chabashira-Sensei. You make it sound like we'll be gambling.

Chabashira: You could say that.

Hirata: But that's illegal for underage students!

Chabashira: This can't exactly be called gambling if the money goes in one end and doesn't come out the other.

Hirata: I'm not sure I understand Chabashira-Sensei.

Chabashira: You will be matched against an opponent class. All participants can use their private points at the Exam site. These upon winning the student will receive exam points in return. 1 Exam Point is worth 10, 000 Private Points so bets lower than that can not be made.

Kiyotaka- That's almost a 20th of our monthly allocation. Koenji likely has lots of Private Points tucked away.  It seems that he really is needed for this exam.

Hirata: How will the school determine the winner?

Chabashira: When the exam is over the class with the higher amount of Exam Points will receive Class Points equal to the difference in Exam Points between the two classes while the other class will lose that same amount of Class Points.

Suzune: Wouldn't classmates not participating put us at a disadvantage to do so?

Chabashira: Luckily for you, that's not the case. Say that 10 of your classmates chose not to participate and 5 chose not to participate in your opponent's class. Then the lowest 5 scores from your opponent's Class would be removed from their total. 

Ike- Then I can bow out without feeling guilty.

Suzune: I highly recommend that everyone take this exam.

Shinohara: But why?

Suzune: If me or Kiyotaka were to opt out of the exam how would you think our chances would be?

Shinohara: Slim to none.

Suzune: Exactly. There is potential that some of you may produce outstanding results. It's our top scores that are tabulated into the result so everyone should work hard to do the best they can to increase our overall result.

Hirata: Horikita-San is correct. You'll regret it if you opt-out.

Chabashira: The next exam will test any individuals who are willing to be able to see probability.

Kiyotaka: What kind of things will we be able to use Private Points on?

Chabashira: There are many games there requiring both skills like pool and mental calculations such as cards.

Ike- Yeah I think I'll pass on this one.

Chabashira: There will also be an arcade section for those of you with talents in that area.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka: How To Be HumanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara