~6~

---Klea---

I wanted to take one last walk in the peaceful night before the school semester starts.

I was planning to wear shorts and a t-shirt, but as I reached out the window to check if the weather was warm enough, goosebumps rose on my skin. The weather was NOT warm, but it was bearable.

I wore shorts, put on a hoodie in case I get cold and put my hair up in a pony tail. I had a cap on as well, just for the aesthetics. I grabbed my bag from beside my bed and looked towards the charger point over the nightstand. Peter had brought the phone back to me and I had put it to charge up a bit before I go out. I grabbed my phone and put it in the pocket of my shorts.

I approached the bathroom where Pete was taking a shower. I stopped in front of the door. "I am going to take a quick walk." I said loud enough so he could hear me. "Isn't it a bit late to walk around alone?" His voice came from inside the bathroom, muffled by the door and the shower sounds. "Don't worry about it. Imma come back soon." I didn't wait for his answer as I put my earpods in my ears and turned on music.

Music was a passion of mine since I was a kid, but I never dared to share it out of the family or my friend group.

I left the dorm and headed straight to the exit of the campus. A muscular figure opened the door for me from outside. I bowed my head slightly with a small smile and went out. The person that held the door open for me went inside and headed further in the building.

As soon as I stepped out, the cold wind hit my skin, causing me to shiver. I put on the hood of my hoodie and headed down the street.

I took out my phone from my pocket and looked through all the messages my friends had sent me while my phone was in Jaden.

Katie had sent me an article about Luton. I opened the link and started reading what was written in it. My jaw was starting to drop slowly when the sudden strong scent of a familiar for me cologne hit me. I felt a hand creeping on my waist.

Startled, I turned around and looked right into two piercing blue eyes. My heart was thumping against my chest, but I quickly calmed down when I recognized Pete.

I pulled away and took out one of my earpods from my ear. I tried keeping my smile on my face so Peter didn't feel bad about the situation.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" He asked as he gripped my arm lightly to prevent me from tripping.

"I didn't realize you wanted to come." I replied simply "I told you when you said you are going out." He chuckled, trying to make it sound like he didn't care much.

"Oh, sorry. I probably had my earpods on and didn't hear you say that" I put my phone back in my pocket and looked around for a spare second.

Only then, I realized Jaden saw it all. He was looking at us through the window of a black car. Perhaps his. He quickly looked away and I did the same.

"Well... do you want to go somewhere in particular, or...?" I didn't know LA that much, so I couldn't suggest any places or paths.

"Wherever you were about to go." He didn't break eye contact the whole time. But it wasn't that creepy-type of look. It was warm-hearted. One that boys could pull off really hard these days.

Somebody had to break it and I happened to be the first one. I just started walking down the street as Pete followed behind me.

I felt his hand wrapping around my shoulders as he pulled me closer to him, away from the street where cars still could be seen even at that late hour.

"So, wanna talk about what had upset you so much earlier?..." My curiosity was getting the better of me. "If it's not some kind of secret or something personal, of course." I raised my hands in the air a bit to show him that I am not trying to rush or force him.