✿𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑✿-13-

🦢

"Ah ha ha ha ha! Look, y/n, look!
That Ace guy got crushed beneath a giant cauldron! It squashed him flat! Aha ha ha!
That's what you get!"

Releasing the enchanted pen, I hastened my steps toward Ace, who was seated on the ground, his head cradled between his hands.

He groaned in discomfort and turned his head slightly to meet my gaze.

I crouched down to his level and examined his head, letting out a sigh of relief upon finding no major injury.

Observing my concerned expression, a mischievous smirk spread across Ace's lips.

"Owwww!
What are you bothering me for? You guys coulda just banged out the work yourself!"

My expression turned deadpan as I lightly smacked his head, being careful not to hit him too hard.

"Headmage's orders. Besides you started the fight so take some responsibility "

"You have to wash a hundred windows as punishment? What the heck did you do?!"

The raven-haired boy exclaimed with astonishment as he appeared behind us and offered me a hand.

Gratefully, I accepted his hand and stood up.

As Ace recounted the morning's adventure, the boy's expression shifted from stoic to shocked in an instant.

I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment, especially as the boy gazed at me in awe, hearing how I had taken Aces magic and even threatened him with washing the windows.

"You damaged a statue of the Great Seven?! No wonder he flew off the handle at you!
After you managed to get into THIS school, how could you get in trouble on the very first day?!"

"Oh, shut up. Who are you, anyway?"

Ace commented as he also stood up from the floor, brushing off any remaining dirt.

"My name is Deuce. Deuce Spade. Don't you remember your classmate?
Uh..."

The orange-haired person scoffed at Deuce, crossing their arms in defiance.

"You don't remember my name either, do you?"

"That's not the point! You shouldn't try to shirk an order from the headmage!"

As the two continued to exchange snarky remarks, I went to pick up Grim, only to find nothing but the wind instead of him.

What a nuisance! We caught Ace, but now he's causing more trouble by running away.

I already have a lot to deal with. I don't need another problem added to the mix, especially since I'm now responsible for Grim's well-being.

"The furball! He's gone!"

Ace suddenly yelled, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him.

"If only someone hadn't done the same thing, we'd be halfway done washing the windows by now," I retorted sarcastically.

Ace looked away and scratched the back of his neck nervously, while Deuce observed with amusement.

"A-anyways- Hey! You there! Uh... Juice?"

"My name isn't "Juice". It's Deuce! With a D!"

As they launched into another argument, I grumbled in irritation and quickly grabbed both of their hands, intent on chasing after Grim to catch up with him.

"Both of you are responsible, so you two better help me catch him or I'll deal with both of you."

Both individuals visibly gulped, their agreement evident in the solemn nods that accompanied the release of their hands from my grasp, swiftly moving to match my pace.

Following a frantic pursuit and a flurry of spellcasting, we found ourselves, somewhat miraculously, back in the very same cafeteria from which our adventure had begun.

With a mischievous grin, Grim leaped upward, seizing hold of the chandelier above, his laughter ringing out as he taunted us from his elevated perch.

"No fair climbing up onto the chandelier, you coward!
I haven't learned flight magic yet...
What could I summon to hold onto him...? Hmmm...
Oh! That's it!"

"What do you have in mind? I was thinking of shapeshifting into- why are you pointing your magic pen at Ace?"

Concerned, I voiced my worry as I observed a mischievous grin forming on Deuce's face, accompanied by the manifestation of magic around him, while simultaneously witnessing Ace's inexplicable levitation.

"I'm going to launch him. Just make sure to grab him tight Ace..
I've got him in my sights, and... Go!"

Before I could intervene, Ace was already airborne, hurtling directly toward the chandelier with alarming speed.

The cacophony of screams erupted from both Grim and Ace as the boy collided with Grim, sending them both tumbling and causing the chandelier to come crashing down in a chaotic cascade.

Reacting swiftly, I seized Deuce and maneuvered him under a nearby table, pulling myself down with him for cover.

As the smoke dissipated, I approached the two boys, checking on their well-being to ensure they were unharmed by the chaotic events that had unfolded.

The instant his dizziness subsided and he laid eyes on Deuce, Ace exclaimed aloud.

"You complete and total moron!
We got Grim, but we broke the chandelier! If the head mage finds out about this-"

"If I find out about... what, dear Ace?"

Once again, the headmage arrives just in time to witness the chaos unfold before them. What impeccable timing.