Chapter 6: blurred lines

Jungkook and Y/N screamed at the top of their lungs, blasting The Weeknd and Mankesin's music in his car as he drove Y/N to the Hyeoksin Building. Jungkook unexpectedly arrived at the right time when she was on the verge of blowing up things. She ranted to him about the events of last week. His ever-comforting aura gave her the space and escape needed.

Jungkook carefully ordered the food of her preference that would comfort the storm of her mind. He knew it must have been something of grave importance that made Taehyung the ever-competitive man, keep aside his pride and call him. He couldn't deny the fact that Taehyung deeply cared for Y/n. After lunch, Jungkook offered to grab a coffee, to which Y/n reluctantly agreed. No matter what happens, coffee has been constant in her daily routine.

Jungkook parked his car adjacent to her office building and turned to face her, "What time will you get free?

"If this meeting goes well, then around nine," Y/n said with a sigh leaving her lips.

"You are saying as if you won't. I know you will," Jungkook said with a straight face, reducing the volume.

"It's easier said than done, Kookie," She said as she fiddled with the seatbelt.

"Here, let me help," He chuckled at her antics and leaned in to offer his help, but she rejected it.

"I can do it on my own," She said, releasing the seatbelt and turning to the driver's side, "See, I told you I could do it."

"That's what I'm saying as well, Y/N. You can do it. There is nothing that you can't do," Jungkook said with a genuine smile, his eyes staring directly into hers.

Something at that moment made them sit there for more time than expected. Their gazes locked, a silent conversation passing between them. The usual banter faded, replaced by a comfortable silence that stretched into minutes. Jungkook reached out, his fingers hovering over hers, but then drew back, his eyes searching hers. His words expressed appreciation for her hard work and brought confidence in her, but still somehow felt so much more than just words of appreciation. There had always been something undeniable between them. Something that gave her heart a hint of unfamiliar rush. She appreciated his words with a gentle smile as her phone buzzed.

The air crackled with a strange energy, a mix of unspoken emotions. The tension eased as Y/n's phone buzzed, and relief washed over her features as she saw Jimin's name flash on the screen.

"It's Jimin. He must've called to ask for tonight's arrangements. I need to get going."

Jungkook cheered her with a high five, "All the best, Y/n. Kill it,"

"Thank you, Jungkook." She replied, her voice warm, grabbing her purse from the backseat.

Jungkook held her hand as she tried to walk out, "I will wait for you with pizzas, Champ."

"See you soon, Jeon," Y/N answered brightly.

Y/n answered her phone and exited the car, waving Jungkook goodbye as he drove away, "Yes, Jimin."

"The officials will reach by seven, Y/n," Jimin said over the phone

"What about you? When will you get here?" Y/n asked over the phone, taking her Office ID out of her bag as she entered the building.