Chapter 1

"How many days are you going to mope around like this?"

Amaya glanced up at Arya and Vihaan. They were in the library, were they were supposed to be studying. But as teenagers go, they had shit amount of concentration span. For the last 3 hours, Amaya had been raging about her ex, Arya was trying to convince her that there were more fish in the sea and Vihaan was eating. That's the nerd group of the class for you.
"It's not my fault that my stupid heart can't move on" Amaya whined and snatched her cappuccino back from Vihaan. "Stop taking my stuff"
Vihaan sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Yall are really exhausting you know? What's done is done. You should focus on living you life now"
"Oh thank you Mr. Obvious for telling me. I totally did not know that" Amaya and Arya both rolled their eyes and turned their backs on him.
"Girls." He muttered under his breath and returned his attention back to devouring the food.
"I tell you what girl, I'll introduce you to some boys and girls. You should increase your friend group. Friends equal to communication and communication equals to popularity" Arya nodded her head wisely. "Also, there are like a bunch of new students this session. Some of them are cute not gonna lie"
Amaya smiled at her attempt to make her forget about Aditya. Her best friend was truly one of a kind. Not like the previous one. Snake.
"I'll try if you say so, Arya.. but you know that my social skills is shit right?" she sniffled and took a sip from her cup. "What if they don't like me?"
"Dont worry about that. Let me handle it all. You just go along with the flow. I'll make sure everything's fine"

After eating and Vihaan paying for everything, the trio parted their ways after Amaya dropped them at the bus stop.
"Take care beauty queen. Don't mope too much" Vihaan called after her departing car.

Reaching home, Amaya was about to sink into her sofa with a tub of mint chocolate ice cream, while watching "My demon", when she got a call. Rainy Days by V was set as her ringtone, she picked up her phone and accepted the call.
"Ah listen Maya" her mother sounded delighted over the phone. She was clearly trying to clamp down her excitement. Amaya smiled at the use of her nickname as it had been months since she had last seen her mother.
"Hi mum. What's going on? Are you alright? Wha-"
"Yeah yeah I'm good. Listen, you need to come home tomorrow, okay?" her mother interrupted her, without answering her initial question.
"Why what's wrong?" Maya was worried slightly. Why was she being called there in such a hurry? Was it someone special's wedding?
"Nothing, you just come tomorrow. And bring Aditya with you. I'll make his favorite food"
Right. She had not told her mother yet of what had happened with Aditya. Amaya felt sorry for her mother. After a long time, she had finally got along with Aditya and now he was out of the picture.
"Actually mum.. We broke up.." Amaya's voice sounded weird to her. It sounded small.
"Oh.." There was silence over the phone.
"It's fine that boy did not deserved you anyways. You deserve better. You forget him" Amaya smiled in relief as her mother washed her over with motherly assurance.
After some time with her mother on the phone, she reassured her that she would come to their house and spend one week there.

After she ended the call with thousands of "goodbyes" and "I love you's", she immediately texted the group chat and informed Vihaan and Arya of her decision. They were disappointed of her leaving but they understood that it was necessary and bid her safe travels. So, she went to sleep after 3 episodes of the K-drama.

In the morning, she woke up around 8, and packed her clothes and necessities and went to the station. She figured she wouldn't need much, as she was only going for a week. If there was any programs, she could always buy clothes there.

Amaya got into her train and sat down. Of course no train ever is incomplete without a yelling mother, red in the face with anger and two siblings scrambling for the window seat, upsetting quite a few things in their process and their father trying to calm everyone down. She plugged her earphones in and leaned towards the window as the scenery zoomed past her.

When we're out in a crowd, laughing loud
And nobody knows why

She wondered if anything interesting awaited her back at her home. Eve if there wasn't anything interesting, she would just be glad to be back home with her family again.

When we're lost at a club, getting drunk
And you give me that smile

She missed her room. Growing as the elder sister and being exposed to a lot of junk while she was young, she had the emo phase that most of the teenagers had resulting in a totally dark colored room with punk music posters all around the room and weird stuff littering the cupboards.

Going home in the back of a car
And your hand touches mine

She wondered if her mother would throw everything out. She couldn't imagine her mother throwing all her memories out the door. Maybe her room was being used as a storeroom. Maybe her younger sister had taken over.

When we're done making love and you look up
And give me those eyes

'Cause all of the small things that you do
Are what remind me why I fell for you
And when we're apart and I'm missing you
I close my eyes and all I see is you
And the small things you do

She closed her eyes, falling into her dreams, tired of reality. Maybe she would find peace there. Either ways, she couldn't wait to go home and meet her family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Im so sorry for the late updates. I have much going on irl so I take time to work out the plot and stuff. I'll definitely try to update faster next time.