seventeen

Filler chapter
Klaus was making up to Carolyn for her thinking he was dead and helping her with her hybrid side. He saw her sleeping in his bed and smiled as he looked at the ring he just bought. He was going to propose to Carolyn Forbes. 'Klaus, you're staring." She says sleepily as she turned to see him standing there. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but planning on something to make up for scaring you."

Carolyn smiled as she held the sheet to her chest. "Klaus, if I knew you had a plan, maybe I wouldn't be scared, but you were keeping me safe. Even though I died because of Alaric." She tells him as he walked over to her. "I'm glad you are alive, but either way, I got to be with you."

Klaus sat down on the bed. "Love, you have no idea what I felt seeing you in that van. Weak, dying, chained up like a monster. I was angry, but I had to get you out of there and fed. When you told me to get back into my body, I knew, that I shouldn't have used Tyler. I have rinsed my mouth out for your sister's actions." She laughed. "Yet, my fault again for being in Tyler's body. I didn't think that through."

"I don't think you did either." She tells him. "I'm not angry because you proved to her that you weren't Tyler."

Klaus kissed her. "Love, I had things planned to do this the right way, but I don't think I want to leave this room." He says.

"What did you have planned?"

"Take you to the pageant, but I don't think I want anyone else having you today. Not even your sister. She can have you later. Right now, I want to be with you and ask..." he pulled the ring out causing Carolyn to stare into shock. "Will you marry me?"

Carolyn kissed him as he slipped the ring on her finger as he knew. He got a yes. She pulled him down onto the bed. Pulling away, Carolyn smiled. "I love you."

"I love you." He says kissing her.

"Klaus?"

"Hmm."

"Is this our always and forever?"

Klaus smiled. "This is our always and forever, love."

"