Heartstrings

❝ In my head 

❝ In my head 

You're in the car and 

You're coming to me and 

You get to my door and 

You can't even speak but I think that it's sweet 

Yeah, I think that you're sweet  ❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Let's do this pose!"

I burst into laughter as my tower of a friend, Conrad, laid himself across Dax and I. I looked over at Dax, who was shaking his head, a small smile glistening across his face. What a sight to see. It's crazy how a simple gesture could look so grand coming from such a majestic guy.

Click!

Dax shifted uncomfortably in his seat, silently signaling to Conrad that he wanted him to get off. With a soft laugh, Conrad rolled off of us and climbed to his feet before leaving the photo booth. I followed suit, with Dax right behind me. Stepping back outside, I was greeted by the sight of stars twinkling in the sky. Inhaling deeply, I savored the delicious aroma of churros, nachos, and corndogs filling the air – three of my favorite foods in one place. Was it paradise? Well, it was pretty close.

"We look amazing in these pictures!" Conrad's voice echoed loudly as he approached me, shoving the pictures in my face. "And check out this one."

Blushing softly, I noticed that the photo had captured my eyes glistening with affection as I looked at Dax. Just then, Dax arrived and snatched the pictures, a smile playing on his lips as his soft blue eyes scanned through them. He paused at the one that embarrassed me.

"This one's my favorite," Dax declared, pointing to the bottom photograph. "Felicity looks stunning in it."

"You think Felicity looks stunning in all of them," Conrad teased, giving Dax a playful shove that brought a blush to his cheeks. Unable to contain my smile, I watched their interaction unfold.

"Anyway, I've been hearing all sorts of things about this new ride," Conrad commented, leading the way in a certain direction. "I've heard that—"

My attention drifted as Conrad continued to hype up the idea of riding the rollercoaster. Walking beside each other, Conrad and Dax moved ahead, with me trailing behind them, almost feeling like they were my bodyguards. Towering over me, they exuded a protective aura, a familiar sensation whenever I was with them. Dax, especially, had always been the guardian type, his tall frame matched by an equally large heart.

Dax had caught my eye from the moment we met. With his charming personality and genuine kindness, he stood out effortlessly. Unlike others, being around Dax didn't feel like a competition; he had a calming presence that I found comforting. And when his good friend Conrad joined our group, despite our rocky start, he too became a cherished friend of mine.