questions/mental things ig-

What are the signs of mental health issues?

Feeling anxious or worried. Most people get worried or stressed from time to time. ...

Feeling depressed or unhappy. ...

Emotional outbursts. ...

Sleep problems. ...

Weight or appetite changes. ...

Being more quiet or withdrawn than usual. ...

Substance abuse. ...

Feeling guilty or worthless.

What do you call a person who hides their pain behind a smile?

A person who hides their pain behind a smile is called an Eccedentesiast.

The signs below can help you recognize emotional unavailability in a partner.

They don't like making plans. ...

They call the shots. ...

You do all the relationship work. ...

They avoid the word 'relationship' ...

You never seem to grow closer. ...

They reflect your feelings instead of offering their own. ...

They show up late or blow off plans.

What are the five signs of emotional suffering?

The Five Signs encouraged people to ask if they or their loved ones were not feeling themselves, feeling withdrawn, feeling agitated, feeling hopeless or not caring for themselves. A longtime mental health advocate, Broderick discovered the program and introduced it to New Hampshire

What causes no feelings?

Emotional numbness can be a symptom of severe stress. It may also indicate a more persistent mental health condition, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or depersonalization-derealization disorder. People who experience severe, persistent, or recurrent symptoms should try to seek medical advice.

How do you turn off your emotions?

How to Be Emotionless

Take some deep breaths.

Focus on your body, not your mind.

Look at yourself in the mirror.

Repeat a mantra to yourself.

Distract yourself.

Avoid emotional triggers.

Challenge your negative thoughts.

Change your perspective on emotions.

What is emotional shutdown?

It's a form of the "freeze" in fight, flight, or freeze. Shutting down emotionally is a form of dissociation, of turning off a connection with ourselves and what is going on. Essentially, your partner may be shutting down because their body is telling them that shutting down is the best way to stay safe

Is there a pill to stop emotions?

Certain anti-anxiety medications may lead to emotional blunting in some people. For example, a doctor often prescribes SSRIs to treat anxiety disorders and, as discussed above, may lead to numb emotions. Doctors sometimes use benzodiazepines such as alprazolam (Xanax) for the short-term treatment of anxiety.

What do you call someone with no emotions?

A person who is truly lacking in emotion could be suffering from. apathy. or. anhedonia. .

What's the most painful mental disorder?

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) has long been believed to be a disorder that produces the most intense emotional pain and distress in those who have this condition. Studies have shown that borderline patients experience chronic and significant emotional suffering and mental agony.

What is an emotionally detached person?

Emotional detachment is a psychological condition in which a person is not able to fully engage with their feelings or the feelings of others. It can be ongoing, as it is in people with attachment disorders, or it can be a temporary response to an extreme situation.

What happens if you keep all your emotions inside?

The mind-body connection is undeniable, and suppressed emotions often manifest in physical symptoms. Chronic headaches, digestive disorders, muscle tension, and even a compromised immune system can be the body's response to the emotional burden that is being carried internally.

What disorder causes lack of emotions?

Schizoid personality disorder is one of many personality disorders. It can cause individuals to seem distant and emotionless, rarely engaging in social situations or pursuing relationships with other people.

How do you know if you are shutting down emotionally?

Common warning signs of emotional distress include:

Pulling away from people and things. Not connecting with others. Lack of energy or always feeling tired. Feeling like you have to keep busy.

Can a person shut their emotions off?

Emotional detachment occurs when people willingly or unwillingly turn off their connection with their emotions. This may be intentional, such as a defensive mechanism on emotionally draining people, or unintentional due to an underlying condition or medication side effect.

What does BPD feel like?

Intense and highly variable moods, with episodes lasting from a few hours to a few days. Chronic feelings of emptiness. Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger. Feelings of dissociation, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside one's body, or feelings of unreality.fun facts about me: 

Is alexithymia a psychopath?

The prototypic person with alexithymia, however, is anxious, overcontrolled, submissive, boring, ethically consistent, and socially conforming, whereas the prototypic individual with psychopathy is anxiety-free, undercontrolled, dominant, charming, deceitful, and nonconforming.

The 9 symptoms of BPD

Fear of abandonment, Unstable relationships, Unclear or shifting self-image, Impulsive, self-destructive behaviors, Self-harm, Extreme emotional swings, Chronic feelings of emptiness, Explosive anger, and finally, Feeling suspicious or out of touch with reality.

me while i found this out: . . . OH SHIT DO I HAVE BPD?!-