15. Ext. Side Walkway - Evening

Camera fades back in and shows the now setting sun before cutting to showing an above head of the two girls outside.

Outside, River paces the path as Stace sits on a stone bench, watching.

Stace
So that's what happened? People started talking?

River nods while continuing to pace.

River
Yeah! I mean, rumors could spawn from this! And who's to say he really is trustworthy if his father was the one responsible for the recent attempt at insurrection?!

She stops and turns to Stace with her arms swung out at either side and legs parted.

River
(Angry)
And I already heard the beginning of a rumor that I was in on it! How ridiculous!

Stace
Yeah, seems like a problem.

River
(Frustrated)
And how come you aren't angry about it?! You're my friend, aren't you?!

Stace stands.

Stace
I am! But I think his reputation is undeserved! That's all! And those are just words!

River steps closer angrily.

River
That's my reputation! I'm the princess! I'll be queen one day, and I can't have such a reputation for my people to adore and respect me!

Stace
So?! Actions can change how your people will view you!

River
(Angry)
Ah, I shouldn't even bother! Of course a peasant doesn't have to worry about reputation!

Stace
(Angry)
Peasant?! That's it! I've had enough!

She throws her arms to her side and starts walking down the path away from River.

River
Where are you going?!

Stace
Somewhere without you! Consider this friendship over! I'm done with you! I'm done coddling you!

River
(Infuriated)
You know what?! Fine! I don't need you anyways! Good riddance!

She kicks the dirt path in anger.

River
Argh!

Camera pans to show an overhead shot of River standing still and Stace walking away.

Camera cuts.