𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

not an *official* update, sry lol

December | Toronto, ON

Like most children, Thaïs' favorite holiday growing up was Christmas. From setting up her family Christmas tree on December first every year to coming home from school and watching Christmas movies on ABC Family-she loved it all. As an adult, she loved the holiday just as much as she did when she was younger, only she adopted new routines.

Since she turned eighteen, she traveled to new cities each year to spend the holiday. Her favorite cities included: Prague, London, and Chicago. She would still open presents with her family and friends when she returned home because Christmas was not Christmas without giving and receiving presents.

This year, she would be spending Christmas in Toronto with Mariah and their sisters. Of all the countries she had been to throughout her life, Canada wasn't one of them, and she was excited to experience the holiday season in a new place and soak in the city's holiday atmosphere. However, since it was snowing heavily, the women decided to stay inside for the night and enjoy the heat.

Mariah and Thaïs were in the kitchen attempting to bake homemade cookies while the eldest sisters, Morgan and Ayame, finished successfully lighting the fireplace after thirty minutes. The youngest woman, Victoria, was snuggled underneath a blanket as she watched Home Alone on the large flat-screen television.

"Perfect, ladies. I knew you guys could do it." Tori commented, pulling her legs onto the couch. She threw some of the crocheted blanket over her feet, turning the television up a few levels.

Aya cut an eye at her before taking a seat on the opposite side of the couch. She threw an oversized hoodie over her body and turned her attention to the television, "tell me why we invited you again."

Meanwhile, Thaïs and Mariah were making progress on the cookies. Thaïs did most of the work as she combined the ingredients while Mariah read the recipe from the note on her phone. Once the batter was thoroughly combined, both women helped roll the dough into balls and placed them on a nonstick cookie sheet. Thaïs placed the pan in the oven and set a timer on the microwave as Mariah picked pieces of the batter from the bowl.

"You can't eat cookie dough. It's not safe." Thaïs reminded, watching as Mariah slid her fingers across the spatula.

After scraping the spatula against the bowl one last time, she placed the bowl in the sink and rinsed it out. She turned to Thaïs with an amused look. "Who says?"

"Uhhh... FDA regulations. Do you want salmonella?" Thaïs had gotten food poisoning once in high school and she vowed to thoroughly inspect everything she since. She was sick for weeks before she'd gotten better.

"I used to do this all the time when I was little; I'll be fine." She raised her finger towards Thaïs' mouth, only to be met with a look of disgust. Mariah laughed at the look on the woman's face and shrugged as she licked her finger. "More for me."