Chapter 1

Jihyun's hands quickly travelled to her mouth as she gasped softly while eating the pastry you baked for her. A small smile spread across her face as she continued to eat; it was her favourite, strawberry shortcake.

As she continued to eat, she looked around the restaurant. Your very own resturant and you recently opened since you moved here, in Seoul.

"Shifting from the pastry, the interior is so good. I feel like I'm in a luxurious french apartment, so pretty." She complimented. "And look at you, you look so pretty too. I mean- you've always been pretty but really better than high school time."

As she continued to talk, your hand movements moved as you listened to each word she blurted out. Indeed, high school was really bad for you. You were bullied after five months of getting so much love from the same people. It was traumatic. The only good thing that happened was Jihyun and that one person, your first love.

"I don't want to hear about it," You sighed, continuing to mop the floor.

In response Jihyun immediately shut her mouth as she finished her pastry. But soon enough her query began again, "So.. did you finish moving in your new apartment? Did you interact with the neighbours? Talking about the restaurant- what's for menu?"

You chuckled and looked at her, "Oh my gosh Jihyun, you ask too much. Yes I finished moving in my new apartment and no, I haven't talked with the neighbours yet and the menu, I already told you like a million times. Try throwing your mind back."

Jihyun thought about it hard for a while before making a 'realisation' sound from her mouth as she nodded. "Eomma wanted to invite you over for dinner tonight, after all you shifted back to Seoul after almost four years. She misses you a lot but there's two people more who misses you more than anyone else. My appa and younger sister, Minae."

"Really?" You said with excitement and happiness. They were your favourite people after your dad. "I'll be so happy to join you all."

Jihyun gave you a slight nod as she pouted and then told you, "I'm so jealous. Minae even made some bracelets for you and that too with her favourite charms. The last time, she did that for me was like two years back when it was my birthday."

"She still makes them?" You asked with surprised. Minae, Jihyun's young sister about fifteen had this hobby of making bracelets since she was seven and it only got better with time but you didn't really expect her to continue with it since by the age of adolescence, most of them leaves behind their old habit.

"She does. You won't believe this but she makes so much money by selling them in her school especially the couple ones; those relationships ones, besties and then trios and groups, and all." Jihyun told her as she opened the lid of the water bottle and drank it.

The moment you finished cleaning the floor of your newly opened restaurent and put the mop away, you walked towards the table where she was and grabbed your coat to wear it.

Jihyun seemed to understand by your movements that you were going to close the restaurent and head out. She stood immediately and threw her purse over her shoulder as the two of you closed the restaurant and headed to your car parked outside.

"Have you hired the workers?" Jihyun asked, while putting on her seatbelt.

Once you wore the seatbelt and started the engine, you answered, "I did, they're high schoolers and were seeking part-time jobs. They're great cooks too, I tested them before hiring. Are you we heading to your place?"

Since Jihyun's parents invited you for dinner, you knew that you had to drive there instead of your place but still asking for the last time sounded polite to you. When she answered you, you began driving to her house.

The next thing you knew was that you were being greeted by Jihyun's family, and were still down on the ground as she scolded you for not meeting them once in four years and so on.

"Do you even how much I waited for you everyday to visit us here in Seoul in those four years when you lived in Busan? It's not so far from Seoul that you couldn't visit us. You're just like my daughter to me, I promised your mother to always look after you! Do you even know how angry she must have been when I couldn't take care of you?! You really get on my nerves sometimes." Jihyun's mother said to you as you were sitting infront of her on your knees with your hand on your knees and head down.

"Love, let her eat first." Jihyun's father spoke out as he was helping Minae with arranging the plates and the food on the dining table. "I also have a lot to say to her, we'll do it later together, she must be so tired."

The old lady sighed as she hugged you and whispered to you in a soothing voice, "I missed you so much, Juhui. Don't ever do such a thing again, it worries me a lot." She finally pulled away and lovingly touched your cheeks. "You must be tired and hungry, I cooked your favourites. Come on, let's eat."

As everyone sat to eat, the house looked so cheerful with the sound of all you talking loudly and laughing. Minae giving you the bracelets she made for you. Five of them, they were all so pretty and so impressive.

Everyone's attention was grabbed by Jihyun's father as he spoke, his question directed at you, "I saw your advertisement on the tv a month ago about your restaurant opening here in Seoul. I couldn't believe it at first. After all you worked at one of the greatest chef's of South Korea's five star hotel. It must have been hard to make such a decision and a lot of money must have been spent on opening your own resturant right?"

As you finished chewing on the food and swallowed it, you answered him, "That's right but don't worry. He supported me and guess what? He even helped me out a lot with the money and decorations, I am so grateful for that. In fact I invited him and the staff with whom I used to work with for lunch this saturday as a welcoming party."

"That's so great, your eomma must be so proud of you right now and just remember, she's always with you and keeping an eye on you from heaven. And when you miss her, I'm here for you anyway and you're a part of our family. Don't ever be sad, alright?" Jihyun's eomma told you with a warm smile as all of you went back to eating and talking about your new life.