Together?

Chapter 17

Kat slid carefully out of his arms after half an hour of just lying there thinking and soaking in the warmth as he breathed into her skin, Yoongi not even moving as she dressed. Pressing a soft kiss to the arm that was slung across the blanket, twisted in sleep, she snuck away, back home and into her own bed which felt empty after snuggling so closely with him. Sleep claimed her quickly, her body exhausted from the late night and workout they'd had, disappearing into dreamland with a contented sigh.

When Kat awoke the next day, her phone was silent, no texts from him to wake up to and she wondered whether he was avoiding it or maybe he hadn't woken up yet, usually sleeping much later than her. But by the time she stopped work at lunchtime, a message had arrived that set her mind spinning.

Yoon - Hey jagi, I've just surfaced, let me know when I can call. I want to talk to you about us

Her heart galloped at the message. It was very clear and straight to the point but the endearment at the start made her relax even though there was a nervous excitement flooding through her. Did he realise how he acted around her? That their non relationship was much more relationship-like than he made out whether he liked it or not. That the sweet way he handled her after sex wasn't the way people casually dating and just hooking up regularly usually treated each other whether they were exclusive or not.

And last night had been different, giving themselves up to each other in a different way than ever before. Raw sex was not something she would trust to just anybody or actually had shared with anyone other than her ex. She'd replayed it more times than she thought might be healthy, the tingles it gave her at just the memories more than a little embarrassing but the connection she felt to him was very real. It was a level of commitment that meant they had to both be thinking it was more than just casual. And she doubted that the chat was because he wanted to talk about breaking up after last night because he wouldn't be the man she thought he was if that was the case, she trusted her own judgement to know that Yoongi was a better man than that.

Kitty Kat - I finish at 330pm, anytime after that is good. Last night was... I keep smiling

Yoon - I do too and I don't want to go back after that. But let's talk first, I'll call before dinner

Her breathing was a little erratic as she read the messages more than once, processing, wondering, guessing before she told herself to stop overthinking about it, putting her phone away until she got home from work, preparing dinner while she waited. It rang as she walked herself through to her bedroom, aware Ellie was home, choosing to take the call behind closed doors.

"Hey love," Kat heard when she answered and she felt her cheeks warming at the sweet way he said that.

"Hey love yourself," she replied, flopping onto her back on the bed while they talked. She felt a little pent up at having thought all day about the conversation, nervously excited to finally have some kind of resolution. "Good day?"

"Busy but I've thought about you lots, about us."

'Oh,' Kat thought, 'they were launching straight into it.' "Yeah? Me too," she replied. "You said you don't want to go back after that? My body is still showing signs of last night."

"Oh? I left traces," he said and she could hear in his voice that he was pretty proud of himself. "And no, I felt every part of last night and it was fuckin' fantastic."

"Yes, there are definitely traces of you still on my body, in my body," she added the last little bit a lot quieter so that she knew for sure noone else in the house could hear, even though there were several closed doors between them. "Fantastic, yeah, it was definitely fantastic for me too." She found her legs kicking the bedding as she talked, his voice something she'd wanted to hear all day.