100k+ QnA

QnA for 100K (I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT😭) on Arranged Roommates!!💗

***

Q. How many chapters till Arranged Roommates ends? Will we get full-length books for other couples in the series?

4 chapters and an epilogue (plus some future bonus chapters) are left to be published for AR.

Yes, I have planned for 4 other novels as spin-offs. The cover and tropes are already out on my profile! You can check them there.

After I finish writing AR, Arranged lovers, that is, Vivaan and Mini's novella will be published! And after that Shubh and Shreya's story Arranged Benchmates will begin.

Q. What was your inspiration behind writing this book?

It all started with drafting Aryan's character. I met someone named "Aryan" at my cousin sister's wedding last year in January 2023. There is a whole big storytime related to this incident(But that's the tale of some other time🙈*ahem ahem*)

So yeah...I just realised how Indian weddings are the bride and groom hunting grounds for Indian parents. I love me some forced proximity and roommate trope novels. So that's when I combined both of them and started writing this book.

Q. Your personal fav tropes as a writer?

As a reader, I love reading Victorian-era Romance and sports contemporary Romance novels.

But as a writer, I think desi contemporary romance books are my comfort zone. Reverse Grumpy×Sunshine and Romcom have a special place in my heart as a writer✨

Q. How old are you?

I am twenty-one but I wish I could be sixteen again because adulting is not for me.

*Zindagi jhand ho gai h meri last chaar saal se*😭

Q. How do you overcome writer's block, if you have ever faced one, that is?

I face writer's block before writing every chapter lol.

Sometimes the ideas are vividly clear in my mind but I just can't find the right words to let them out. It is frustrating for sure, but there are three things I do wherever I am facing the dreaded writer's block.

Step 1. Rest. Don't force yourself to write. Start imagining and planning what you are going to write ahead.

Step 2. Re-read your favorite novels/ scenes to get the hang of ideas and writing.

Step 3. Re-read your own book again and again to connect with the story from a new perspective. (I can't tell you the number of times I have re-read Arranged Roommates since the start). It really helps.

Q. Your favorite books and authors? / Q. Are there any particular authors or books that have influenced your style or storytelling?

My favorite book on Wattpad: Sweet Spot by @thefeveredbookholic

My favorite published books(the list is toooo long but these would surely top):

Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean will always be my comfort novel (all of her books are my favorite)

The Right Move by Liz Tomforde

Tessa Dare's and Lisa Kleypas' all books.

Elle Kennedy's Hockey Romances.

Q. What inspired you to start writing?

Lots and lots of reading. And the random three a.m. scenarios that cloud over my mind and never let me sleep peacefully😭

Q. I find the covers of your stories to be really cute. How do you illustrate them?

Tysm for such a beautiful compliment🥹🥹

The cover of Arranged Roommates was made using the pre-made graphics available on Canva. I just had to assemble all the elements together and change the colors to suit the pink pastel aesthetic.

The illustrations in the other covers of the Arranged series were generated using Microsoft Co-pilot (selected after generating tons of pictures). I removed the background from the chosen illustration and then assembled and layered it with other necessary elements on Canva.

Q. English ki tuition dedo authorji. How is your English vocabulary so good?

All credit goes to the Hindu editorials, Aeon articles and RCs I have read in the last two years for my CAT prep😂😂 oh...and also the root words I have learned by my heart for the exam (yes, the same exam that I couldn't clear last year🙃)

Q. If you could go back and give your Rookie self one piece of advice, what would it be?

Life advice: Take it easy. One or even multiple failures don't measure your worth as an individual. Take the leap of faith and do what your heart desires. Slowly but surely you will reach the place where you are meant to be.

Writing advice: Plot and plan your book thoroughly before you begin writing otherwise you will end up losing interest in the story midway.

Q. Would you ever consider publishing your books outside of Wattpad as a professional writer?

I am just writing for fun now. I honestly don't think my writing has the potential to be considered for traditional publishing now or anytime in the future.

Q. Body positivity as a trope is quite tricky to manage in a story. How did you think of including it in Arranged Roommates?

Unlike a lot of others, puberty wasn't very kind to me. I gained exponential amount of weight and developed PCOD(and then reversed it successfully a few years later). But still, body image has always been something that I have struggled with a lot. Especially with all the other girls in my joint family being perfect dolls, the constant comparison never leaves my life(and the most ironic thing is that it's always the women of the family who point out at your insecurities). Anyways, since I know the struggles with finding a perfect balance between maintaining a healthy weight and being a foodie at the same time, I wrote Ria's character in a way that I am sure, a lot of young girls and women could relate to.

Q. Your favorite movies/ TV shows?

I don't really watch a lot of movies or shows but YJHD is my all-time favorite movie. Can watch it anywhere and anytime.

(one weird thing about me: I am obsessed with crime patrol💀)

Q. Tropes as a reader/ writer that you would never read/ write?

I was actually contemplating whether or not i should include this question in this session cuz it can be a little bit...controversial?🥹

Cousin Romance is a popular genre on desi Wattpad but i just don't feel comfortable reading books that have this trope(but that's entirely my personal opinion maybe cuz i have been brought up in a joint family where i consider my cousins to be my siblings, so this trope just makes me feel uncomfortable). Secondly, toxic dark *dark* romance like knife play, stalking etc etc and all is not my cup of tea (don't kill me plz😭)

Q. Not a question actually, but wanted to say this: Your words have this magnetic pull that draws readers in and refuses to let go. Thanks for keeping us hooked with your incredible talent. Looking forward to your other works in the Arranged series <33

Way to make me cry😭🥹 This made my day. Thank you so so much❤️

***

That brings us to the end of this session!! Thank you for joining me here today and sending loads of compliments and love along with your questions!