PRIZING

Shortlist

A shortlist will be announced on October 14th, 2024. All shortlisted stories will receive:

A Shortlist profile banner to show off your accomplishment to your followers

Promotion on the Wattys profile on Wattpad, and featuring opportunities across Wattpad

A Shortlist badge for your story

Winners

The odds of winning prizes are dependent on the total number of entries.

From the shortlist, approximately 10 total winners (the "Winners") will be chosen in Filipino and Spanish.

In English, there will be approximately 20 total Winners; 10 for Complete Stories and 10 for Ongoing Stories.

There will be an approximate total of 40 Winners across all languages. Of the Winners, up to 2 in English (1 complete and 1 ongoing), up to 1 in Filipino, and up to one 1 in Spanish may be from an entry already participating in Wattpad's Originals. Wattpad reserves the right to select fewer than 40 Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.

Winners will receive the following:

A Winners' social media kit to share your accomplishment with the world

Promotion on the Wattys profile on Wattpad

Featuring opportunities across Wattpad

A Wattys badge for your winning story

Priority consideration by Wattpad WEBTOON Studios for your story to be shown to entertainment and publishing partners. The team will communicate with you directly if there is interest.

Special Prizes

From all Winners, 4 additional special prizes per language will be handed out:

Best Characters (for a story with characters that resonated with our judges and made us root for them every step along the way)

Most Engaging World (for a story with rich world-building that makes the reader feel like they can truly immerse themselves into the setting)

Biggest Twist (for a story that shocks us with a twist we didn't see coming)

Catchiest Hook (for a story that builds off an idea that is fresh, imaginative, and exciting)

The Winners of these awards will receive extra acknowledgment of their prize on the Wattys website at wattys.wattpad.com.

Grand Prize

There will be 1 Grand Prize Winner each in Filipino and Spanish, and 2 Grand Prize Winners in English; 1 in Complete, and 1 in Ongoing, chosen out of the pool of 40 Winners. The Grand Prize Winners represent the best stories submitted to The 2024 Wattys and will have achieved distinction in at least three of the four special prize categories.

The Grand Prize Winners will also receive a cash prize of $5,000 USD.