House of Welcome

PATRICIA'S POV

I heard the door open and ran downstairs, followed by Amber & Mara.
"Nina!!" Amber squealed, "Oh my god it's so good to see you!" Same old Amber I guess, even though we are all 17. Nina had just arrived with Eddie and KT.
"KT!" Mara said loudly, "I've missed everyone so much!"
"Hey yacker," Eddie said to me. I smiled a quick hello and turned to hug KT.
"Nina, KT, why don't we go and Mara and I can show you your rooms?" Amber asked them. She gave a look and I know she wanted me and Eddie to be alone for a bit.
"I'll come up later," I said, "You guys go."
"Come on guys! Hurry up!" Mara told them and they all ran upstairs.
"So, hi yacker," Eddie said.
"Hi Eddie, how was your Summer holiday?" I replied.
"Good," Eddie replied, suddenly pulling me into a hug, "I've missed you,"
"I've missed you too weasel," I answered. We talked for a bit when I remembered that I was going to go back upstairs with the girls.
"I'm going to go see the girls," I told him, "Bye Eddie."
"Bye Patricia," he said, going off to his room. All the girls upstairs were fighting. They were arguing over who got what room.
"KT, Mara, we could share this room with Joy, leaving Nina, Amber and Willow together," I said but they didn't agree. Finally we decided on me, Joy and Mara in one room and KT, Nina, Amber and Willow in the other. Then I heard the door open. Me and the others rushed downstairs, with Eddie already there greeting everyone. Willow, Fabian, Jerome, Mick, Alfie and my best friend, Joy.
"Joy! I shouted, "You're home!"
I heard Mara greeting Fabian, KT and Eddie greeting Jerome and Alfie and Mick standing by himself. I looked at Joy then over at Mick and she knew what I meant. I went over and said hi. We talked and he told me all about Australia.
"I missed you," I told him, surprising myself as I said it.
"Yeah, I missed everyone. But tell me, who are these 2 girls here?" Mick replied.
"That's KT Rush, and that's Willow Jenks," I replied,
"Ok," Mick replied,
"Why have you got your eye on one of them?" I joked.
"No, course not!" He replied, blushing slightly.
"Mick, meet Eddie, my boyfriend," I said when Eddie came over.
"Hey, I'm Eddie," Eddie told him, shaking his hand.
"I'm Mick Campbell," Mick replied.
"You're the guy that moved to Australia aren't you?" Eddie asked him, "I ended up having your old bed and when Fabian just saw the third bed he got quite a shock!"
"Does that mean we'll be sharing then?" Mick asked.
"Looks like it," Eddie replied.
"Cool," Mick answered, "I'm going to go unpack, I'll talk to you later."
I can't wait for college I'm so excited, and a bit nervous too. It's only Saturday though I still have the whole of tomorrow to get into a routine. That's when I realised that Nina and Amber hadn't been here when everyone was greeting their friends. I just didn't understand why.