2

At 2.53. a.m., he was harshly awakened by a ring from his phone near the bedside table.

He was too startled to check the name in the light which made his eyes hurt.

“Hello,” A sound close to a whisper was heard as soon as he attended the call. The only sound he could even recognize in the biggest crowd or even in a snowstorm.

His eyes opened a bit more at the voice. “Channie- hyung??”

“Open the door, In-ah. Your Hyungs are freezing outside.” Chan said with a fond smile on his face.

“ What is he doing in there?” A long whine from Changbin was heard from behind making him snicker.

He made his way down as fast as he could and opened the door to be met with two men covered in puffy jackets and blushed-up cheeks.

“Hey,” Chan’s eyes turned to crescents at the sight of his husband in an ugly Christmas sweater picked up by their friends yet he smiled at him like he was a 5-star restaurant’s finest main course.

“Hi,” Jeongin resonated to him within seconds as his lungs heaved and he just ran downstairs.

“You do know that you people can do this inside right? Let me in before my legs fall off.” Changbin pushed both of them aside, ran to the warm couch, and sighed as he pulled off each layer.

Soon the two followed behind him inside and Chan also sat beside Changbin who starfished near the warm fireplace. 

“You guys could’ve called me and said you were coming,” Jeongin said as he moved to sit near Chan.

“Well, that wouldn't be a surprise anymore.” He answered with a smug smile.

Jeongin shot him a look that clearly was seen as ‘Really?’

“My phone died. I called you from Binnie’s.” Chan said with a pout.

“I’m sorry, In-ah.”

“Why are you saying sorry, Hyung? I’m just glad you both reached here safely.” Jeongin said and went to hold his hand only to be interrupted by a large thud.

They both turned to find Changbin with two suitcases on top of him.

“ Well don’t just sit there, come help me.” He whined under them.

Chan and Jeongin helped him up.

“What’d you guys have in there? It’s so damn heavy.”

“It’s just gifts for everyone, Innie,” Changbin answered while rubbing his hand.

“I should’ve just called Hyunjin Hyung when I came down,” Jeongin said with a sigh.

“Nah, he wouldn’t get up even if this house falls. Even our son knows not to wake him, he’s just one.” Changbin said with a chuckle.

“I’m going up, Good night you two. Hope he doesn’t kick me out.” He whispers the last sentence under his breath.

After he went up, Chan returned his attention to his husband.

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

“I missed you.” The older whispered against his chest.

“We missed you too,” Jeongin said as Chan's untamed curls tickled his nose.

They hugged for some time before going to their bedroom. Of course, he made (pushed) Chan shower before going near the bed.

That morning or night, or whatever it was made Jeongin more glad as the hands on his waist were back in their place and the warm breath was on his neck.

He closed his eyes again not wanting to open soon even though it was Christmas.

But, alas! Things are not that easy when you have a 3-year-old daughter who is ready for an apocalypse at 7 in the morning.

“Dada, you home.” As expected, the shout came around seven.

Groaning at the sound they woke up to see their little girl all smiley, tier tiredness toned down a bit.

“Iss Christmas Appa….Wake uppp.” She dragged (pulled) their legs to make them move.

At last, they did give up in front of her determination (puppy eyes).

After their daughter went away, he made Chan go back to sleep and went to the kitchen as their daughter went to wake others.

Seeing he was the only one awake he moved to the kitchen after brushing his teeth.

He took his favorite coffee cup to wash it, he noticed a little note in it.

“ Wishes do come true for someone who wants it enough, MERRY CHRISTMAS.”

  He was spooked but not enough to drop his cup. He pocketed the note feeling contented yet confused.

“Should we tell him?” A hushed whisper was happening behind the stairs.

“Nah, let him believe it,” Han said with a smile.

“Please nobody tell him that Felix wasn’t inside when he wished.” Minho stifled his laugh.

“Are you guys stupid or something, why would he think a man in red put it there and brought Hyung home?” Seungmin tried to reason.

“He was stupid enough to wish.”Han snickered.

“No, he is stupid because he is in love.” Felix corrected his lover.

That made a smile bloom on everyone’s face but soon disappeared as they heard Chan coming down.

They were very thankful that he was still sleepy enough to not notice them having a mini-meeting under the stairs.

Chan went and wrapped his hands around Jeongin’s waist.

“Hyung, I told you to sleep.”

“Noo” Chan whined and pushed his cold nose to his neck.

Jeongin sighed at his childishness and continued to make coffee for everyone.

They were comfortable now.

“In-ah,”

“Mmm.”

“Did you think Hyung forgot his promise?” Chan asked stilling Jeongin’s breath for a second.

He remembers that drunken promise after all these years.

He never forgot.

“Chan, I didn’t think-”, He couldn’t complete that sentence as he turned around, a hot tear and soft lips made it complete.

“And I meant every word in that sentence, why would I make a promise I can’t keep? Who even am I  to break your promise?” Chan said making Jeongin smile against his lips. 

The four pairs of eyes at the kitchen door were wide open and their jaws hanging.

“Maybe that’s why he wished?” Han said loud enough to break them apart.

“What wish?” Chan asked in confusion.

Jeongin’s glare was enough to speak a thousand words and to make them scatter.

At least they got another story to tell at tea time on Saturday evenings.

In the end, it’s just them and their little stories and sorries.

And a lot of unbroken promises.

____________

Fin

-Chimmu<3