"She walks in beauty."

September 1st, 6 Years after the cleansing.

Marci crept past an abandoned building, Zora kneeling behind her as she peeked past the crumbled wall.

"Fuck, angels.."

-Quick Explanation!-

Angels in this story are basically biblically accurate angels of which eradicate any human beings. So basically zombies but able to kill you by looking at you. And, they make people feel a warm comfort that makes people relaxed, making it easier to capture humans.

 And, they make people feel a warm comfort that makes people relaxed, making it easier to capture humans

(One example of an angel but like way WAY smaller, like human sized.)

Marci lifted up her hood, her heart pounding her chest. She tried to breathe, she did this a million times before, why was she stumbling now?

Zora whined at her and sniffed her leg, trying to encourage her. If she didn't hurry the Angel would catch up.

"I can't...I can't.."

Marci's breath caught in her throat, a ball of oxygen curled with her stuck words. What was it? A panic attack? Anxiety? She couldn't tell.

"Go. Zora. Go."

She wheezed, patting the dogs back, Zora had all the supplies Marci had collected. If she lost it, this entire trip would be in vain.

Zora whined softly, her glassy eyes locked onto Marci.

"Go..!"

She whisper shouted, the dog looked back and forth between her and the way out, finally planting her feet on the ground and flicking off into the distant rubble.

The kick up of dirt made the angel flip around, inching its bright wings towards Marci. She held her chest, her brain seizing.

The angel began getting impossibly close, Marci could feel the warm comforting light emitting from it.

Her body began to relax, her throat unclogging and her heart slowing. She almost gave in. Almost. As she regained her ability to breath normally, she skipped around the corner of the rock, the angel still going to check her previous spot.

She sprinted off, hearing a shriek from the angel, but she didn't turn back. She continued running under rocks and old belongings.

She skidded underneath a overturned car, slipping into a crevasse in the road. Her eyes caught an angel whizzing past, presumably the one from earlier.

She got up, peeking from around the car and creeping out of the spot. She began to run back to base, the buildings getting more and more recognizable.

She pushes into an old house, going inside and pushing a couch out of the way, behind it sat a hatch. She opened it, dropping down into it and lowering herself.

She reached the bottom, a door lying in front of her. She knocked.

"Name?"

A familiar voice called, she sighed.

"M-Marci, it's me Dori.."

The door unlatched, Dori staring wide eyed.

"Where were you! Zora came back but you..we thought you were gone for a second.."

Dori pushed her in, locking the door behind her. She led her in, the two stepping into the lobby.

"Marci! Where were you!"

Rayna cried, standing up and hugging Marci warmly. Rayna and Marci were the best of friends, they were like sisters.

"Finally you fish."

Kioka waltzed over, her eyes sharp. Kioka had long dark hair in a low ponytail, she was tall and in her respective clothing.

Rayna was the same, her clothes atleast. She was a whole inch and a half shorter than Marci. And she had a short loose bob around her head.

"C'mon, you need some food ad rest don't you.."

Rayna led Marci away, Dori and Kioka standing together.

"Dorks."

They said in unison, chuckling to eachother. Meanwhile, Dori lead Marci to the cantine, giving her a bowl of beef stew.

Marci slurped on the soup, her stomach filling with the warm liquid. She sat back, gulping down the entire bowl.

"Everyone's going to bed soon. Don't stay up too late.."

Marci nodded, smiling a Rayna. She put down her bowl and stood up, stretching back. By the time she looked up Rayna was gone. Left with the others to their sleeping quarters.

She started to her room, opening the door and meeting Zora yipping at her.

"Zora! Hi!"

She baby talked, fluffing up the dogs soft ears. The big brown dog panting happily and licking Marci's hand.

"C'mon girl! Get to bed.."

She smiled, leading her over to her dog bed. Zora sat down in her bed with her plush toy, panting. Marci sat down on her bed, sighing. She looked up at her ceiling and stared at the wooden design.

Marci crept into her bed, pushing back the duvet and getting under it.

"Goodnight Ma.."

She mumbled, closing her eyes for the night.

Hey! Thanks for reading this, I hope you like this silly story, it might take me twenty years to come up with a new chapter idea tho. Bye!

My kitty <3

My kitty <3