might've, should've, didn't, could've

This chapter has no spoilers for any of the fics that are featured in it. It's just a chapter of characters that could've existed, once existed, and or could've been killed off in the original storyline.

Let's start off with “We all die in the end”

First let's talk about 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐗𝐎𝐍. shocker, right? Three years ago when I first came up with the idea Dean was not in mind at all.

However he made his way into “We all die in the end” purely out of how much I liked the idea of his character in another fic I was gonna write but never did.

Another thing about Dean was the face claim I chose for season nine time skip was originally Timothee Chalamet. I changed it to Alex Fitzalan because I felt that he was a better fit for Dean.

Anyway I think I made the right choice when making 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐗𝐎𝐍, I feel like Thea wouldn't be the character she is later on in the series without him.

Now moving onto 𝐒𝐘𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐒. I love Sydney a lot and I'm not gonna beat around the bush here. . . I made Sydney with the plan of killing her off.

Funny story about Syd, actually. Three times is the amount of times I've nearly killed her off. 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓: when the prison fell. I planned on having her somehow die during all the chaos. 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃: I was going to have her take Beth's place(some of you might be mad that I didn't.)
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃: in book two she was supposed to get killed by Alpha.(if you read book two before I unpublished it to do some heavy editing you'd know that Becca took her place)

With all that being said, Sydney is safe throughout the whole book one and two. I have not planned any other books yet. I will after I get done editing book one and two, so I don't know who will get killed off yet.

Now let's move onto another character that was not supposed to exist in the series. . . or shall I say two. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐅𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒. Cory and Mouse Rufus. Both of which I have grown to love. Originally there was going to be neither of them. It wasn't until the night that I wrote the chapter that Glenn and Abraham died in that I decided to make Cory a character. Then later that night I decided to give him a little sister, Mouse.

With then both in mind, they weren't supposed to become what they did to Thea. They were just there for plotline purposes. 𝐁𝐔𝐓, I liked the idea of Thea having a friend outside of Carl and Dean so I decided that Cory needed to stick around and since he and Mouse were a package deal in my mind, she was there to stay as well.

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒.

So let's start off with the first character that was supposed to be there to stay but was not. 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐇, Devin's mom.

Okay so I say that Shelley was supposed to be a character that I didn't kill off as if she was going to be an important character to the main storyline. 𝐘𝐄𝐒 and 𝐍𝐎. So the car accident was still going to happen no matter what. 𝐁𝐔𝐓. . . Shelley was just supposed to disappear for a few seasons then reappear. But then I got to thinking about how I already had plans for Devin to find Willow alive and her dad someday and it didn't seem realistic for her to just randomly find every single close family member alive and well.

So I let Shelley go. And to be honest I'm glad I did that instead of keeping her alive to potentially become a villain.

𝐒𝐀𝐌 𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒, Devin's twin brother. I do not know why I decided she needed a brother. I could not tell you but I figure I could at least tell you that he wasn't supposed to be a thing. I didn't come up with him until I wrote the first chapter of season two. Then boom it hit me. Give Devin a brother. So I had to alter the storyline a bit and go back and mention a brother through out season one.

He was 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄. yep I was gonna kill Sam off sometime in season seven. But I changed my mind!

Now onto 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 dude ain't gonna be killed off anymore but he originally was gonna get killed by Negan during the lineup. That's all I really gotta say about him. Just that he was going to die but now he's not.

Also just for the fun of it.

Originally he wasn't supposed to be gay(that was a spoiler if you haven't put two and two together yet.) But for some reason I wanted to give Aaron a love interest.

( spoiler: Dane and Aaron will not be endgame. )

But I am so excited to introduce the guy that Dane ends up with, y'all don't even know.

Now back onto it.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐒, long story short they weren't supposed to be in the story, like as characters. Only one was supposed to be mentioned ( Trevor ) and he originally didn't have a name. He was just going to be mentioned as someone Devin had met after she moved. But I decided to add a bit of a twist I'd go ahead and give the three a back story and throw them in!

𝐍𝐎𝐖 “Dead Flowers” I'll keep this one short and sweet.

Delilah was originally the only oc that I made for the fic. There was no Scott or Layla or any other character that came later on. Just her.

𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐄 was actually the first oc that I decided to add to give Delilah a friend then I came up with the idea to make 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐓. 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐄 and the rest was history.

I think that's all for right now but I'll probably go more in depth about them and add more later on.