Halloween

The sky was painted with the color of a dark, deep blue. The kind that you see in movies. The street was illuminated with lights making it feel as if the world was our stage. The night was chilly, but not cold.

It was later towards the night, and so all the younger kids had gone home to sleep. We had spent the whole night gathering candy from all the houses we could find in the area. 

"Ew... a reses cup? Do either of you wanna trade?", one of my best friends, G had said. "Sure. How about a twizzler?", my other best friend, E offered. G responded, "Fine, I guess that's better than a reses cup".

None of our costumes were particularly remarkable, but they weren't awful either. I wore a white, long-sleeved dress with some fluffy cat ears and a tail. G wore a 'princess and the frog' costume and E made a last minute costume composed of a dress-shirt, some pants, and bloody make-up. I'm still not sure if she was a vampire or a murderer or both.

As we walked along the street, we came across an open area with a lot of street lights. E ran up to the middle area and did a twirl. It felt almost magical. The whole night had made her seem like a beautiful princess in that moment. 

"Do it again", I said. "No way", she replied. "Aww. But you looked so cool", I said in a half joking, half serious tone. "Well too bad!", she laughed. "Wow guys. I really feel like a third-wheel here," G joked.

We stopped by a few more houses on the way home, dumping the remaining candy, into our bags. It might have been my favorite Halloween.

I changed a few names to letters for privacy reasons :>