Chapter Thirteen: A Glimpse of What is to Come

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝. 𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐫, 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲!" 

- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧

.

.

.

Alaric POV

The medic looked over my body searching for any wounds before nodding "you're all good to go Sir Alaric you may return to your quarters if you wish," he informed I stood up from the bed with a slight crack coming from my neck "I'll be going then," I replied exiting the infirmary tent. 

My match with Sir Rodrick was the last one today the tournament would resume tomorrow it's not yet close time for me to see Lady Morgan for my lessons. So, I guess I could take the time to rest while practicing the meditation technique that Merlin had taught me in order to have better control over my clairvoyance. 

Returning back to my assigned quarters I placed my armor aside but kept my blade with me at all times after all one could never be too cautious even in an ally territory.

Taking a seat on the ground I closed my eyes and then began the process of the technique I wanted to see only a few seconds into the future I thought concentrating on what I wanted...but as usual nothing happened causing me to exhale with a hint of frustration. 

I wasn't aware of it, but a slight purple outline covered my body and the next thing I was aware of I was standing in the midst of a battlefield my eyes widen "what in God's name?!" I exclaimed in surprise. 

The sounds of both men and swords rang through the air "these knights are all apart of Camelot b-but why are they all fighting each other?" I question in pure utter bewilderment. 

"You fools need to stop all of you!" I exclaimed unsheathing my sword to block the attack of a knight attempting to strike down his fellow comrade only to phase right through them "huh what the-" I turn only to see that the knight had killed the other "but why?" I question with hidden anger. 

I helplessly watch as both sides begin to die off the sounds of two people dualling catch my attention I turn to face where the sounds came from "where is the king of knights?!" demanded an all too familiar figure covered in a white and red schemed armor "who are you?" I questioned wondering who this person even was in the first place. 

A corpse falls down revealing Artoria wielding Excalibur "Well? What now King 'Arthur'?! This is the end of your kingdom!" my jaw clenches at these words I feel an unstainable feeling of rage course through me.

 "Face the consequences for not acknowledging me as King! Is it hate? Do you hate me? You hate me because I was born to a witch answer me, Arthur!" the knight continued raising his sword. 

Artoria gives no reaction causing me to frown the way she was looking down at the other knight was simply unnerving to me because I could read no emotion from her instead, she silently blocked the knights attack but in the process her blade flew out from her grasp. 

"I have never hated you...if you want to know why I didn't give you the throne it's simply because you did not have the capacity to be King," Artoria replied in a cold emotionless tone before appearing in front of the other knight stabbing her right in the stomach with her spear.