Chapter 1

"Monti," said my dad. I looked up from the coffee maker.

"Get April to do the orders, I need you to take the trash out back to the other dumpster the first one is full." said dad.

I looked at the time and it was 9:56 pm we close at 10:00pm. Yea this place is always busy but we live in Brooklyn,New York.

I nodded my head and went to take the trash. I had struggle to bring it back. I open the back and brought the trash.

I walked to the dumpster. I hate this one its near the gangs and shit. I threw in the bin and when I turned around i see a gang selling dope like they always do.

I shake my head they make us black people, look bad. Yeah im black, I just dont like when our race own up to the criminal thing.

I got right back inside that shop and I see my dad left already. Yeah im not that young im just 14 ½ , I turn 15 in 4 more days.

I went to wash the dishes it was about 10:27 pm when I was done.I got my regular clothes be on and i went to lock up the shop.

I walked to my house it was just down the street. I looked around cause people was just coming out of no where. I turn around and see three boys following me. I pick up my pace and someone grip they're arm around my waist.

Then i was pinned to the wall. "So was this is girl that saw us selling,Daniel ?" said the boy

"Yes,Devin that's her." said Daniel.

"So ma, you saw us selling drugs right?" Said Devin

"But I ain't tell no body." I said

"Mmh feisty, i like it what's you're name." said Devin.

"Monti," i said.

"Well babygirl, when i see something i like i want it to be mine, you hear?" said Devin.

I stared at him for a long time ,his eyes were beautiful but his attitude is nasty.

"i gotta go home so," i said he let me go and i walk past him. He slapped my ass and I ran for it.

I finally got to my house I unlocked my door and went it in.
I went to my room and just jump on my bed.