𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 ✵ 𝕬 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝕳𝖊𝖎𝖗

Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than what I'm used to post, but it was really hard for me to write it. Do not hate me please I had to do this.. T-T Believe me when I say it's as hard to write for me than it will be for you to read (for the few who commented about that topic).

Again, I hope you will still be able to enjoy this chapter nonetheless, do not hesitate to vote, comment and follow, it always brighten my day to talk with you guys, and see that you still like this book after all these months <3

                                                                  -Nae
_________________________________________________

Daenyra stood tall on the stairs leading to the Iron Throne. She looked at the people here, most of them had smiles on their faces, she quickly found some familiar faces in the large crowd as well. First being Cregan Stark, he had a proud smile on and sent a nod her way, she gratefully returned both to him.

Then she saw Daemon. Her father had the largest smile she ever saw on him in public. Daenyra bit back a chuckle at the sight.

She then turned to Aegon and Helaena, both smiling brightly at her for different reasons. Daenyra's heart swelled with warmth at the sight of Helaena smiling so much, she sent her a sweet smile back.

Aegon was happy for her, of course he was mostly happy for her, but a small part was also happy and relieved for himself. He talked to her about it, how he didn't want the crown or the responsibilities that came with it. If he kept the play on of the carefree Prince, he was in fact aware of the game his grandfather was playing, trying his hardest to put him on the Throne after his father. So today was a very happy day. He sent a playful wink to her, watching the corner of her lips rising slightly despite her efforts to keep a composed face.

Alicent looked at her with a motherly smile and slightly teary eyes. The woman truly became her mother, Daenyra thought. She had Daenyra's interests at heart and always took care of her, and she was that much grateful for her presence and support today. She gave the woman a graceful nod, fit to address to the Queen she was, a nod Alicent returned with a smile.

Then she turned her attention to Aemond. He was undeniably the proudest and happiest man in this Hall. He never ceased to tell her how a great Queen she would be in the future, how he thought no one was more fit to rule than his wife. Daenyra never really figured out if he said so because she was the woman he loved or because it was true, but she was always grateful for his support and loyalty nonetheless. Her eyes momentarily softened greatly as they hooked to his lavender one. She didn't say anything, neither did he, but it was not necessary. The couple could communicate without words, and their eyes conveyed all that had to be said at this very moment.

Then Daenyra caught a glimpse of Rhaenyra's form. Her face was stern and her brows creased deeply as she glared at her daughter, if looks could kill, Daenyra would be on the ground right now. Jace was also glaring angrily at her while Lucerys sent her an hesitant smile. Rhaenyra was mad and Daenyra's perfectly composed face fell for a split second before coming back as she turned away from her mother and brothers. She composed herself, thinking about her hopes to make amends with Lucerys since he looked like the only one to not hate her.

Daenyra had hoped no one saw her lose her composure, mostly Daemon or Aemond, but of course, the two of them that couldn't take their eyes off her, just had to notice it. She could see them shooting daggers at them, Daemon to Rhaenyra and Aemond to Jace and Lucerys. Daenyra ignored them all for now as Viserys stated that everyone should make their oath of loyalty to her.

One by one, every Lord made their way in front of her and bent the knee until the Royals' turn came. Corlys, Rhaenys, Baela and Rhaena all made their way to the front row, and at this very moment Daenyra wished Laenor would be there. But he couldn't, because he got ripped away from her. The memory of that night made a knot form in her stomach, making her sick to her core, the horrid smell coming back to her nostrils. She pushed the memory to the back of her head, forcing it to get quiet again.