Dominance

Y/n enters his room, feeling a mix of exhaustion and accomplishment. Rachel, his ever-supportive partner, is already there, laying on the bed.

"Hey," Rachel greets him with a warm smile as he closes the door behind him.

"Hey," Y/n replies, dropping his bag onto the floor with a sigh of relief. He flops down on the bed next to Rachel, feeling the exhaustion of the day seeping into his bones.

Rachel glances at him with concern. "Rough day?"

Y/n nods, rubbing his temples. "Yeah, just a lot of assignments and lectures. I'm tired."

Rachel scoots closer to him, offering silent comfort. They sit in companionable silence for a while, the only sound being the rustle of papers as Rachel flips through her notes.

After a few minutes, Y/n feels the weight of exhaustion pulling him down. He leans back against the pillows, his eyelids growing heavy. Rachel notices and smiles softly.

"Why don't you rest for a bit? I'll keep studying, and we can grab dinner later," she suggests.

Y/n nods gratefully, already feeling himself drifting off. "Sounds good," he mumbles before succumbing to sleep.

Hours pass in peaceful slumber, with Rachel occasionally glancing over at Y/n, watching him sleep soundly. As the clock ticks closer to 7 pm, Rachel gently nudges Y/n awake.

"Hey sleepyhead, it's 7 already," she says softly, brushing a strand of hair from his face.

Y/n blinks groggily, taking a moment to orient himself. "Oh, wow, I must have been out for a while," he murmurs, sitting up slowly.

Rachel nods, smiling. "You were really tired. Hey, I was thinking, you should invite your mom over sometime soon. It would be nice to spend some time together," she suggests, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

Y/n's face lights up at the idea. "Yeah, that's a great idea. I miss her, and I'm sure she'd love to see us," he agrees wholeheartedly.

He reaches for his phone on the nightstand, sending a quick message to his mom to plan a visit in the coming days. Rachel watches him with affection, glad to see him excited about reconnecting with his family.

With the plans in motion, Y/n and Rachel spend the rest of the evening relaxing and enjoying each other's company. They order dinner, watch a movie, and share stories about their day.

As the night comes to a close, Y/n feels grateful for Rachel's presence and the reminder to cherish family bonds.

He falls asleep that night with a sense of warmth and anticipation for the upcoming visit with his mom, knowing that moments like these are what make life truly meaningful.

The next day, after classes and practice, Y/n is feeling a mix of excitement and nerves for the upcoming game against Michigan State. Rachel notices his preoccupation and offers him a reassuring smile.

"You're going to do great out there," she says, giving his hand a comforting squeeze. "And your mom will be so proud to see you play."

Y/n returns her smile, grateful for her support. "Thanks, Rachel. I'm looking forward to spending time with her afterward, too. It's been a while since we've had a chance to catch up properly."

As game day arrives, Y/n's focus shifts to the field, where he gives his all alongside his teammates.

On Ohio State's first possession against Michigan State, Y/n orchestrated a series of plays that showcased the team's diverse offensive capabilities.

Y/n started by passing the ball to Cade Stover, who made a crucial catch to gain some yards.

This was followed by a pass to Xavier Johnson, who utilized his speed and agility to advance the ball further down the field.