mike - chapter 29

A/N: this book is getting long.. should i keep updating regularly and just make it super long and insane or end it? if i end it, do you want an angsty/doomed ending, a happy/fluffy ending or a mixture of both??

when mike woke up, seb was gone. mikes heart dropped to his toes. scared he'd lost him again, he jolted out of bed, hurrying into the hall, crashing into seb. "you okay?" seb asked. "you look anxious."

"yeah, i'm fine." he said, relief washing over him. sebs hair was wet and messy from a shower, a white towel wrapped tightly around his waist, a tooth brush in his mouth. mike smiled, admiring his alpha.

"what're you looking at?" seb said, squinting. "nothin!" mike grinned.

seb rubbed his eyes, staring at mikes cheek. "is there dirt in my face?" mike asked, self conscious and a little bit confused.

"sort of.. i.. dunno how to describe it."

mike walks into the bathroom to get a better look at himself. he gulped when he saw sebs alpha mark imprinted on his cheek! he'd completely forgot! when an alpha kisses someone, they mark them with their alpha mark!

"uh.. seb? do you have any concealer?"

after patching up their marks, the boys head off to school. mike was nervous about his life beginning again, about potentially seeing his sibilings and old pack members around town. they we're definitely going to do something to him for hurting their alpha. mike wasn't stupid, he knew he couldn't kill his dad. decapitating him is like breaking a humans pinky. yea, it hurts a ton but it'll heal. mega alphas worked like that.

mike grabbed sebs hand while they were in the car, squeezing it tight. "you
okay mike?" seb asked for the second time within the hour. "yea.. just.. nervous about getting back is all."

mike thought about the girls. how they'd said their goodbyes after the whole reunion. they'd meet again soon most likely, but still, he'd missed them. he'd gotten so used to being in their pack he'd forgotten that there were humans who existed, out there in skibidi ohio living their regular lives.

mike sighed as they got out of the car, said their goodbyes to sebs mom and walked up the path. seb wriggled his hand out of mikes which warranted a confused look. seb pressed his lips together forming a thin line. "look.. bro we both have our reputations we need to uphold. plus, you like, just got back.  we were barley buddies before. if we come back holding hands like boyfriend-girlfriend it'll be.. uncomfortable to explain. how am i supposed to explain that we became friends by falling off the face of the earth and becoming wolves together?"

mike swallowed, a thick lump in his throat beginning to form. he wanted to protest, to say that it didn't matter what anyone else thought, that they had something real but high school boys were intimidating, even for a long time practiced beta. but even high school boys couldn't hurt as bad as seb referring to mike as "bro" and "buddy".
was that really all they were?

no time to ponder. its just six hours.

after three, long, miserably lonely hours, it was finally lunch. seb hadn't really talked to him much at all during that time. they'd share looks and crack jokes but mainly as a group. the one thing mike loved about running from his evil dad and possessive andrew tate demons was the time he had gotten to spend with seb. he hadn't enjoyed it enough.

even though he should be glad he's not convinced seb is dead anymore, the version mike had grown to love seemed to be. "type shii type shii!!" seb was bellowing obnoxiously, pulling mike out of his head. one of the guys at the table, liam, who'd cut his hair in the ugliest way, wore neon green basket ball shorts, a plain black t shirt and air force 1s and had the highest more insufferable voice started to pester seb about the thing mike dreaded most.