Clash Of Ex-SOLDIERs

Jessie clutched onto Marlene with a terrified look as she watched Tifa get sent flying into the wall. Horrified that the bastard who caused it was about to turn his blade to her and little Marlene. The maddened laughter he let out as his hand covered his face, and the blood dripped from his blade, sent ice down her spine. She cursed her leader for taking the rest of Avalanche on a mission topside. As of now, it was left to her to protect Marlene. Unfortunately, if Tifa was no match for this monster, what were her chances?  

     She swallowed hard as Marlene sobbed, looking at Tifa's unconscious body. "D-Dammit... d-don't worry M-Marlene I'll pr-protect you!" She tried to reassure the little girl. But what she heard next made her blood run cold. "Is that right, girlie? How's ya weak ass gonna stop me from taking what I want and doing as I please?" Came the gleeful voice of the bastard as he stood mere feet away. Jessie yelped as she and Marlene flinched from his words. Jessie trembled as she pulled Marlene closer, and her chocolate eyes fell on the beast in their bar.

    He was tall with pale white skin. Massive muscles and deep red hair and blood red eyes. His scarred body was covered in blood as he pointed his sword at the two. "B-Barrett will s-save us!" Jessie stammered out as she tried to reassure little Marlene that they'd be okay. The massive man before them seemed to smile wider at that as he licked his lip. "Don't be so sure. I'm  a SOLDIER 2nd class, you stupid girl. That means there is no way some pathetic slum thug could compete with me on the battlefield. So get ready as I'm gonna have me some fun!" He spoke with a dark smile on his face as the bodies of several customers lay around him.

    She covered Marlene's eyes as waterfalls fell from her own. She didn't want the little girl to see what this beast was going to do. She yearned to escape this place with her and Tifa. For Barrett and the boys to return and stop him. Anything. Anything would be preferable than the hell that awaited them at this insane freak's hands. The man slowly walked towards them as Jessie's trembling increased. She was a member of Avalanche, yes. But what he said was true. She was no match for this monster. However, to her surprise, no sooner had the man stepped by Tifa's motionless body than the bartender snatched him by the leg and pulled with all her might.

    "I-I-I won't... let y-you h-hurt.... them!" Tifa growled as she pulled with every fiber of her being. Sparking hope within Jessie by her sheer grit and refusal to back down. Yet to her sorrow, the man didn't even budge. He simply reached down and grabbed Tifa by the hair, pulling her up to glare into her crimson eyes. "I don't think you get it bitch. I will do as I please, and ain't nobody gonna be able to stop me. Even you whore." He smirked as Tifa's eyes filled with tears. "Now be a good little cocksleeve and wait your fucking turn!" He shouted as he threw Tifa through the doors of the bar and once more turned his gaze towards Jessie and Marlene. A mistake he wouldn't live to regret.

   However, dear readers, you may be curious as to how such a circumstance came to be. For that, we must turn back the clock a few hours. Jessie had returned to 7th Heaven shortly after meeting Cloud and was trying to understand why this ex Shinra bastard had warranted such trust from the bartender. She spoke with the three other members of Avalanche and waited for Tifa to arrive.

   Fortunately, they didn't have to wait long as fifteen minutes later, Tifa walked in a serious expression on her face as she stared directly into Barrett's face. "We need to talk about the mission, Barrett." She said in a tone the four rarely ever heard her use. Even Barerett was caught off guard. "Ya damn right, Tifa. The fucks this shit I hear bout your Shinra boyfriend?" Growled the massive gun arm wielding Barrett Wallace. Tifa blushed a bit by his words but carried on. "He's not my boyfriend. Nor does he still work for Shinra. Cloud is an Ex-SOLDIER 1st Class. Shinra had tried to kill him after years of service. Now he's working as a mercenary. Given his expertise and former job, he'd be a huge boon to us and our cause!"