BEGINNING. . .

_________  ✩

_________  ✩

There is a cold breeze, and the leaves rustle. 

Y/N couldn't see anything but pitch blackness yet he could hear chatter and careless laughter in his ears. Wasn't I in my bed? And then something poked at his sleeve—a finger.

Y/N jolted, surprised, and alarmed and his head lifted from his arms. His gaze shifted across the room and saw that his arms lay across the wooden desk in front of him, and he found himself sitting in a blue metal chair in a classroom.

 A classroom? Y/N blinked a couple of times and squeezed his hands in an attempt to see if this was a dream. He could already feel the cold sweat on his skin.

"This is a dream, a dream..." His palm hurt at the force of his nails biting into the skin. Okay, what the fu–

"L/N? Are you alright?" 

Y/N flinched as a hand suddenly rested on his, and his fingers stilled, caught mid-action. It's rough with calluses. . . and it's larger than his own.

His mouth suddenly felt dry as he slowly turned his head towards the voice, only to find Tanjiro Kamado staring at him with utter concern and confusion on his lovingly endearing face. "Uhm," The meek word came out of his lips without permission.

The boy, Tanjiro, tilted his head with a look of deeper concern. His hand gently squeezed as his gaze glanced at their hands then turned his eyes into Y/N's own. "You're... L/N, you- you shouldn't hurt yourself like this!" He scolded with a quiver of his lips, leaving Y/N's mouth parted like a fish, shocked.

Y/N blinked several times and closed his mouth with a click. "Am I dreaming right now?" he muttered. "Tell me I'm back in my cozy bed, in my demon slayer covers, with my cat/dog drooling on me."

Tanjiro stared for a moment, a cascade of questions flooding his mind. What did Y/N mean by  "dream"? Demon Slayer, was that a new video game? And a pet? Why was Y/N hurting himself? Was he depressed? Sad? A burn caved into his chest, feeling frustrated at how his L/N was acting so off so suddenly.

He shook his head, ignoring his internal conflict. He abruptly stood up, taking Y/N with him. Tanjiro's hand moved towards his wrist, though the grip was firm, and slightly harsh making Y/N wince slightly.

"Uh," Y/N said, confused and honestly a little worried. He didn't know that Tanjiro had such a side to him. He wasn't exactly like this in the game... He was more kinder and gentle. Yeah, definitely more gentle.