Chapter 12: Flame Soul Festival

Both Fikar and Nancy arrive late at night in the town, but they both laugh along the way after what happened a few minutes ago. The town was quiet for a place home to a gigantic volcano of all things. As they arrived they walked through the town, admiring the flame-like culture due to the Volcano they all live near, but as they admired the place, in the middle of the town, a statue of the Fire Sin himself… Not foreshadowing anything soon… But, both of them shrug it off.

They make their way to the Inn, although not a lot of adventures. It is welcoming. Entering, they were greeted by a young worker with a fiery look of smile.

?:
“Welcome, travelers!”
“This is the Fire Stone Guild!”

Nancy:
“Wow… I like this already!”

Fikar:
“Don’t mind me asking, but what is your name, young one?”

?: “My name is Landon!”
Landon:
“I work here part-time, but I love meeting new adventurers!”
“And wow… You both look strong…”

Nancy:
“Heh. Thanks, I-”

Fikar:
“Sorry kid, but we're not that strong.”

Landon:
“Is that so? Aw, but that's fine!”

Nancy looks at Fikar with disbelief, but Fikar shrugs and laughs a bit at her looks. Landon then gestures for them to follow him to the counter, and as they follow him, Fikar looks at a box of clothing items and such… Fikar gives Nancy a few coins to pay for a room while he looks at the clothing.

Landon:
“Those boxes of clothes were from other adventurers.”
“Basically a lost and found.”

Nancy:
“Fikar, why are you looking through old clothing?”
“It’s not like you're gonna get any benefits from them.”

Fikar grabs a few things and heads into the bathroom without saying a word. Nancy was just… Confused at the sight of this. She just sighed before handing Landon some coins.

Nancy;
“A room for two then…”
“And sorry for my friend, he’s been… acting strange lately.”

Landon:
“Oh, I don’t mind. Also, are you two siblings?”
“You seem quite young and short for an adventurer.”

Nancy:
*Blushes* “N-No!”
“And I’m not short, I just… I just haven’t hit my growth spurt yet.”

Landon
*Laughs a bit*
“Ah… Anyway…”
“Are you both gonna stay for the Flame Soul Festival?”

Nancy:
“Flame Soul Festival?”
“What’s that?”

Landon gives a small smile and starts explaining the festival. He tells Nancy it was about the celebration of their savior, The Fire Sin himself, who brought them protection and hope from danger and destruction. Although these past few years he’s been acting strange and such, he still had a fiery heart of determination. But this year for sure might be their biggest celebration yet. And it starts tomorrow!

Nancy:
“Wow… that sounds pretty cool.”
(Mind): “Maybe Leon isn’t… Evil… maybe he’s a good person inside… Corrupted maybe…”

After some time, Fikar walked out with a new look on himself. On his head, there was a black Newsboy hat, a black coat that reached down to his legs, a white turtleneck sweater, black pants with a buckle, and black boots to finish off his new appearance. He also has black gloves to add more flair as well.

Nancy:
“Holy smoke…”

Landon:
“Yeah… you're right…!”

Fikar fixes himself before showing off his new look and opens his arms to impress them.