Chapter 11: Klee

The next morning was an early one. Kitayuu and Bennet were out of the apartment quickly and quietly to prevent anyone else from waking up. Before they left, they each took a bun sitting on the counter and stuffed it into their mouths. When they went outside the sun was just about to rise over the horizon. They could already see some of the stores getting ready to open and the streets weren't as busy as they were the day they arrived at Monstadt. The two of them made their way up to the headquarters where Jean was already waiting for them.

"I didn't expect you to be so excited about baby sitting" She said with a smile.

Kitayuu turned slightly pink from embarrassment, "Oh, uhm I think we both forgot about that. We were too focused on the training in store for us, but a deal is a deal. We shall take care of Klee until you return, but then you have to train us!"

Jean waved him off, "Don't worry I remember to keep promises. There are just a few things you need to know before I head out. First of all Klee will be in the second room on the left of the headquarters. Second, make sure Klee NEVER leaves the building. Third, make sure she gets what she wants, unless she wants to go outside. Fourth, always keep a close eye on her and then lastly, if you ever get hungry, the pantry is always open for you guys to grab something."

"Right!" Bennet said as he stood up straight looking at Jean, "We will do our best!"

Jean chuckled before walking off with her sword, "Alright you two, I should be back some time in the afternoon."

After watching her for a few moments setting off with some other knights, Bennet and Kitayuu made their way to the room where they were told Klee was. Upon opening it, they found the small little girl in the same red outfit she wore the previous day looking at them curiously.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this!" Bennet said frustrated.

Kitayuu made his way over to Klee and bent down. She still looked at him curiously with big eyes. "She seems well behaved"

Bennet also made his way towards her. She seemed to get slightly overwhelmed as she held the stuffed teddy closer to her.

Kitayuu then asked her a question, "So Klee, are you able to speak yet?"

She nodded slowly

"Great! How old are you?"

"I'm F-Free" She replied

Kitayuu tilted his head a bit, "You mean three?"

Klee nodded again.

"So what other words do you know how to say? Come on don't be shy, we are here to take care of you and maybe have some fun"

Klee paused for a moment and put her hand on her chin and began thinking. Kitayuu stood back up and whispered to Bennet, "Isn't she adorable?"

Klee finally looked up at him again and with a confident smile she said;

"Master Jean... is a bitch!" Kitayuu felt a sudden shocked after hearing this and Bennet walked away trying not to laugh.