New Friends. Tattoo?

(Maxine...)

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I groaned and sat up with my head in-between my knees. Stupid alarm clock. I moved my head and grabbed my alarm clock and turned it off. I looked to see that it's 7:30. Ugh.

I sighed and threw my covers off me. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and got up. My feet touched my light purple carpet as I headed into my bathroom. I did my business than I brushed my teeth and pulled up my hair.

I got changed in my black yoga shorts, a sports bra and my dark blue tank top. I slipped on my socks and Nikes before jogging downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to already see my dad in his uniform and drinking a cup of coffee.

"Good morning." I chirped happily.

My dad looked up smiling. "Well aren't you happy this morning."

I shrugged with a smile. "I'm happy to be here." I went over to him and kissed him on the cheek. "I love you bye."

I jogged to the front door. "Love you too." I opened and closed the front door as I inhaled the morning air. I loved the tree smell with the scent of flowers mixed in. The sky is a light gray and it's a little foggy but it doesn't faze me.

I decided on a light jog so I took off towards the center of town. I loved the feeling of running because it makes me feel free from the worries in the world. You don't have to worry about anything and you can just breath without feeling suffocated. I smiled as I thought about what I'm going to do.

I feel like going swimming at the community pool but I don't know if I should. Maybe I'll make some friends before my senior year starts in a month.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when I suddenly ran into a hard wall. Warm arms wrapped around my waist and I felt tingling sensation and my heart soared. My hands immediately went to a hard chest. I looked up into the same bluish gray eyes that I dreamed about. He has short black wavy hair and those enchanting eyes make my knees weak.

He is 6'3, broad-shouldered and muscular. He has high cheekbones and a straight nose as well as those full pink lips. He seriously is a big guy but he is so gorgeous. We gazed into each others eyes without saying anything. I felt protected and safe in his arms and I had no idea why.

I might be falling for a guy that I just met and I'm terrified to death.

(Braxton...)

All I could hear was my wolf saying 'Mate' over and over again. I couldn't look away from my beautiful mate. It was like I was frozen and couldn't move. My heart wouldn't stop pounding as her sweet scent of roses filled my nose.

Her the blue and hazel flecks in her beautiful green eyes seemed to brighten and swirl the longer we stare at each other. I know she's human so its going to take me longer to tell her. I don't want to scare her away so I have to wait.

For the first time in years I truly smiled and it was towards my mate. She blushed and looked away. I could hear her heart beat and it was racing like mine. I removed one hand from around her waist and cupped her cheek lightly, moving her head so that I could meet her eyes. My wolf sighed contentedly.

"What's your name sweetheart?" I asked and she seemed to blush even redder.

She stuttered, "M-Maxine." I knew that she thought of me as intimidating but I could tell that she's strong and got some spunk.

"I'm Braxton. Would you like to go get coffee?"

She shook her head. "I got to go." She blurted, walking out of my arms and running in the direction she came.

I was angry and hurt as well as my wolf. He whimpered and I couldn't figure out why she just ran.

My anger got the best of me and I stomped into the woods. I shifted into my wolf and lets just say that my fur is an unusual for our kind. It's dark gray with white streaks in my fur. My nuzzle is fully white too.

All of my feelings were getting to me so I threw back my head and let out a painful howl.

(Maxine...)

I was about to open my front door when I heard a howl full of hurt and anger. Shivers ran down my back and I couldn't help but feel sad too.

I felt something form on my lower back and it burned. I ran in the house and up the stairs to my room.

Panic filled me and I ran to my bathroom. I lifted up my tank top and turned around to see a full moon in the middle with a present moon on the right and left side. In the middle of the of the full moon is a wolf head and it is howling.

I gasped as I watched it start to glow blue, red, green and white. I recognized the colors as the four elements; water, fire, earth and air.

I couldn't seem to breathe right. I put my hands on the countertop to steady myself and I felt the whole room spinning. I closed my eyes but nothing seemed to help. All of a sudden i plunged right into darkness.

(Braxton...)

I was so upset as soon as I shifted and stormed into the pack house. Everyone moved out of my way but I suddenly stopped at the end of the stairs because I felt different emotions running through me and they weren't mine.

They were Maxine's.

I could feel her heartbeat like it was mine. She was freaking out and her heart was racing then it stopped for a second. I started to freak out. My wolf was pacing and he wanted out. "Get me the phone! Now!" I demanded.

My sister ran over to me with the phone and she gave me the phone quickly. I dialed the Chief's number. I could trust him and he knew what we were because he caught me running through the woods.

"Chief speaking."

I ran a hand through my hair as I paced. I was freaking out. "It's Braxton and I met a girl today and her name is Maxine. I think th-" He cut me off quickly.

"My daughter's name is Maxine. Braxton tell me what the hell is going on right now." He yelled.

I took a deep breath and told him everything. Her being my mate and me feeling what I felt through the mate bond. I told him that I think that something is wrong.

He said that he is on his way home right now and he said that he'll keep me updated.

I hung up and gave the phone back to my sister. She just kept smiling at me.

That made me mad.

"What?" I snapped.

She just smiled bigger. "Oh nothing just that I can't believe that you didn't tell me about your mate."

I rolled my eyes.