Hidden Sickness

I noticed I had been feeling down lately and I knew why. I knew there was something wrong, but I didn't want to worry Matt. Matt had been super busy lately and I knew all he wanted to do was sleep and not worry about me, but it was getting harder to hide my illness. I woke up this morning feeling more down than ever but I still decided to get up and make breakfast. Once I started to fully wake up, I realized I was feeling worse than before. I soon felt Matt move next to me as we started to wake up "mmm- good morning shorty" he says as he turns to me staring at me "morning Matty" I say biting a smile as I get up to start breakfast. I walked to the kitchen to see an outfit on the counter as I turned, I see Matt standing there with a sad smile " Put it on, we're going to the doctor" he says as he started towards me. I nod as I take the outfit slipping it on. I looked at myself in the mirror as it dawned on me, Matt was the love of my life. I put him before me was the first reason, but it was the fact he noticed and done something about it. Most men in my life didn't care, but Matt's heart was too big to even let a worm suffer and that was one of the many reasons I loved him. I put my shoes on as Matt grabs my hand leading to the car as he opens the door with a gentle smile. He then shut the door making sure I was all the way in. He gets in starting the car before making sure I was comfortable for him to take off. The whole ride he held my hand humming Self Care by Mac Miller as I lay my head on the seat. We pull up to the front. As I go to get out of the car, Matt grabs my chin making me look at him "Next time you get sick don't hide it from me. Your way more important than anything in this world and I want you to know it" he says with a smile as he hops out the car making his way to my side. I truly had the best boyfriend.