Part 1

Eva was sitting on her desk, in her room, looking through the picture of the suicide case place. Trying to figure out the truth behind it. A few minutes passed as she sighed heavily. Nothing can be found. She is still stuck in the clue from the picture that she knows it has a meaning behind it. The symbol.

A knife on the side of place that the victims took her own life, making it look like it's a normal suicide. But Eva knows that there's something more behind it. Especially the cursive letters 'Y' on the side of the knife. The victim was trying to deliver something by the symbol.

Eva fell in silence. She still doesn't want to give up, trying to uncover the truth behind the symbol. Suddenly, a notification rang from her phone. She grabbed her phone and opened it. A message?

"Want me to help you?"

Eva frowned as she read the message. Who's this?

"Oh right, silly me! Let me introduce myself to you, my name is Jay! And I was talking about helping you with the symbol! :)"

How does this person know about the symbol? Should I trust them? But this person is suspicious. How do they even get my number?

"I can guarantee you that I'm not your enemy. Instead, I just want to help! :D"

"...Tell me about the symbol."

...
The person from behind the phone, Jay, was smiling, looking at how easily Eva trusted them. They then explain about the symbol.

...
The cursive letter or you could say the letter 'Y' itself is the symbol of one of the great underground mafia organizations that operates under the guise of a legitimate company on the surface. This symbol is used for information exchange and as a code for the organization. The variation in its handwriting is crucial for communication and conveying information.

"How do they discern that the letter 'Y' is written in the actual code and not merely someone's playful writing or an act by their adversaries?"

"Oh! About that, they-"

The message suddenly cut off as the error occurred in the message.

"Wait- it's not done yet! How can there suddenly be an error!?"

Eva felt frustrated. She closed her phone, deep in thought about the information she had just received. Despite her frustration at not receiving a more detailed explanation, she pushed aside the fact that the message abruptly turned into an error.

...
"Elias. It's done." they said.

The man, who was sitting on his desk while holding a pen, smirked upon hearing that.

"Let's see this interesting little one. Can she figure it out?" he said that as his curiosity overwhelmed him.

...
Eva was walking to her lecture when someone suddenly approached her from behind and walked beside her.

"Eva! Nice to meet you again!" the man smiles brightly.

Ryder, a messy blonde hair man with striking red eyes. Whenever Eva saw him around, she felt a wave of dislike. Everyone knew him as a popular guy who dated a lot. Lately, he seemed to be following Eva everywhere on campus, even showing up in her classes. She couldn't stand him, and his presence made her college life miserable. Why?

Well, it's because every girl on campus is literally in love with him because of his outstanding and pleasant appearance, which drives all the girls crazy around him. And since he's been following Eva around the past few weeks, all the girls feel jealous and resent her.

As Eva arrived at the lecture, she quickly went to her seat and sat. Ryder was about to say something again when the professor suddenly came in.

"Eva, can I-"

"Good morning, everyone. I hope you're all doing well today."

Ryder quickly falls silent as the professor was giving a lecture. But, instead of focusing on the lecture, he was looking at Eva through the entire class.

...
The bells ringing as the meaning of the lecture ended. Eva quickly got up trying to get away from Ryder quickly. But, she ended up getting stopped by him.

"Why are you in a hurry?"

Eva frowned. She loathed Ryder but forced herself to smile, unwilling to let anything ruin her college experience, especially with his fans watching.

"I have an important thing to do. So I need to go first."

"Really? Then how about you give me your number first? Then- I'll let you go." he smiles.

"What- why should I?!"

"You won't?" Ryder said as he's wearing a sad face.

"You- fine!"

She didn't want to deal with his zealous fans potentially for upsetting him, so in the end, she relented, giving him her phone number before quickly walking away.

"..."

Ryder smirked as he watched Eva walk away. He leaned back, pressing his lips to his phone screen, where Eva's number was displayed, a victorious gleam in his eyes.

"Thanks for the number, Eva," he murmured, a smug smile playing on his lips.