Chapter 8 - Romantic Killer (new character Introduction Chapter)

Louis leaned back in his chair, light casting shadows across the room. "Yes," he said, his voice low and gravelly. "That's my sister, Aurelie, and her boyfriend, Hiro." He glanced at Misuze, who sat across from him, her eyes narrowed. "Why were her reports erased? Why no trace?" Misuze's hand slammed down on the table, her frustration palpable.

"Miss Zakura," Louis began, "the royal family's identities are forbidden to the public. If you weren't a Windwarrior, you'd already be in jail." His gaze bore into hers. "Aurelie didn't disappear. She was found dead in her room. I've seen her murderer before-I've been investigating her. She's from a clan this city despises."

Misuze's breath caught. "The Aokikuni clan," she whispered. "Aurelie's killer is from the Aokikuni clan, am I correct, Your Majesty?"

Louis nodded, his jaw clenched. "You've done your research," he acknowledged. "But what else do you need? If you ever get your hands on Aurelie's murderer, bring her to me. I'll make her suffer myself." His eyes blazed with anger and rage.

Misuze pointed to the tree in the faded photograph. "Tell me where this tree is. Take me to it," she demanded. Her resolve was unyielding.

Louis stood, his expression grave. "Follow me," he said, leading her out of the opulent palace. "But calm down, Miss Zakura. I'm no threat to you. I'm here to help you solve my sister's case." The moonlight filtered through the leaves as they stepped into the night.

As prince Louis led Misuze to the tree that stood there, its ancient roots digging deep into the earth. As they approached, he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out an amulet a delicate piece of craftsmanship that seemed to pulse with hidden energy.

Misuze's instincts kicked in. She shifted into a defensive stance, her eyes narrowing. "No worries," Louis reassured her, holding up the amulet. "This isn't a weapon." His voice was calm, but there was an intensity in his eyes that Misuze couldn't ignore.

The amulet floated from his palm, encircling the tree. It moved gracefully, tracing intricate patterns in the air. After a few laps, the tree transformed. One half turned to solid gold, its bark shimmering in the moonlight. The other half became crystal, its branches curving like a heart.

"This is..." Misuze began, her breath catching. "The twins' blessing." She knew about Kazekono the city's secrets, its hidden magic. But she'd never seen anything quite like this.

Louis nodded. "I've delved into the city's mysteries for years," he admitted. "But I've trusted no one except Aurelie." His sisterthe one who had been murdered.

"May I hold the amulet?" Misuze asked, her curiosity piqued.

Louis hesitated. "I'm not sure if you can touch it, but please observe." He extended it toward her.

The golden crystal at the amulet's center shone brilliantly. It was unlike any gem Misuze had encountered a fusion of crystal clarity and molten gold. But then she noticed a small silver disk embedded in one corner. "Could you twist this part, Your Majesty?" she inquired.

Louis complied, twisting the disk. Suddenly, the crystal revealed a hidden layer of gold beneath. "Ah," Misuze murmured. "These are the crystals of Kessho and Kin the twins." Her mind raced. Seven victims, seven crystals. The killer was after them, seeking the remaining three.

Louis regarded her with newfound respect. "You're smarter than I thought," he said.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Misuze replied. "The killer's motive is tied to these crystals. But I can't take you to our headquarters. The WindWarriors operate privately."

Louis grinned. "Then tell me, how do I become an agent?"

Misuze blinked. "An agent? But-"

"I'm sure Headmaster Agent Phoenix would welcome the Crown Prince of Hertier D'or," Louis interrupted. How did he know about Phoenix? Misuze wondered. Perhaps powerful pillars like him were privy to such information.