first

Hyemin was sitting in a bath full of water, a blade in his hand.

He couldn't see anything good in his life anymore. Depression was eating him alive.

His plan was to make a few medium depth cuts, then lie down under the water in the bath. Simple.

The door was closed. His brother couldn't let himself in.

Hyemin took a deep breath and cut thrice his skin full of other marks, also made by blades or other sharp object he had had near himself.

He watched with dull eyes as blood was going down his arm. The boy was used to the sight. However, it was his first suicidal attempt.

After a few minutes staring at his arm, he started slowly laying down in the bath.

When his head was already underwater, he fast stood up.

He couldn't do it. His brother loved him. Cared for him. He couldn't do this to him. He was his only family.

So, when he heard familiar footsteps in the corridor, he stepped out the bath and grabbed bandage from the cabinet.

Choi heard a double knock on the door.

"Minnie, is everything fine? You're inside for almost an hour." A gentle yet concerned voice asked, which made Hyemin mad at himself at the thought of wanting to leave his own brother alone in this universe just a few minutes before.

"Yes, coming out in a few minutes!" He replied, bandaging his hurt arm, hissing when he squeezed the cuts too much.

"Oh, my little prince..." Hyemin heard Soobin sigh from the other side of the door. He knew what the younger did. And he was guessing right what he was about to do. He had that instinct.

Soobin didn't leave the door for the next few minutes Hyemin made him wait. The younger brother saw the sadness in the elder's eyes at the sight of his hoodie, well knowing what was under it.

He hugged him tight. "Please, come to me when you're feeling down. Don't do this to yourself. I'll always find time for you, you know it, Hyeminnie." He kissed the crown of his head. "I love you, little one. You're my little prince."

Hyemin teared up at the words. Yes, he knew it, yet his depression was a bitch, who wouldn't let him live normally.

Soobin was still holding him tight in his embrace. He wouldn't let the other go, too scared he would harm himself again.

He started humming a lullaby their mom used to sing to them two when the siblings were younger. After a few seconds, Hyemin was already a sobbing mess.

They both missed their parents. But at least they had each other.

˗ˏˋ 🥟 ˎˊ˗

The next day, Soobin drove Hyemin to school before his work. Same as usual. But this time the student had his huge hoodie on himself so nobody could see his cuts.

Hyemin didn't really have friends. His closest friend was his seat mate, and the only think he knew about Choi was that he had an older brother. But he didn't really care. He didn't need friends when he had Soobin.

˗ˏˋ 🥟 ˎˊ˗

When Soobin came into the school to pick his brother up from the director's office after he had a fight, people were looking at him with disgust on their faces. He didn't really care though.

"Faggot!" someone shouted, but he just let it sink in the corridors.

˗ˏˋ 🥟 ˎˊ˗

"Why did you get into the fight?" Soobin asked Hyemin back home, taking care of the wounds on his face. The younger was averting his gaze. "Min, talk to me."

"They started it."

"How did they start it?" He was talking so soothing, Hyemin wanted to cry.

"Someone... Spotted you and Yeonjun-hyung on one of your dates and started calling you two names."

"Hyeminnie..." He sighed. It wasn't new for him that someone called him a faggot. He was rather frightened that it touched his younger brother. And impressed that he reacted like that. "What our mom used to say when someone was laughing at our family?"

"To let them be, because we're better than that..." The boy teared up at the mention of their mother.

"Exactly. Now, show me your papercuts." the two called that the younger's wounds after self-harm. none of them wanted to call it as it was.

"No."

"Hyeminnie, we were talking about it." He sighed. "I'm just gonna check if there isn't any infection and change the bandage.

Hyemin sighed and uncovered his arm on which there were the newest papercuts.

Soobin changed the dressing without any word. At the end, he kissed the bandage.

"You're a strong person, Hyeminnie. don't let anyone tell you otherwise."