Chapter One

It was Stiles, older sure, but it was definitely him. He'd grown taller, his shoulders broadened out a little, he'd clearly put some muscle on and learned how to dress but Danny would know that smirk anywhere. He just didn't know why it was leering at him from a whiteboard in FBI headquarters.

Curious, he tapped Martinez on the shoulder and asked, "What's Stiles doing on the board?"

He was greeted with silence and a long stare that made him a little bit uncomfortable. Alright, a lot uncomfortable, it was downright unnerving. "You know him?"

"Yeah we went to school together, all the way from kindergarten until I moved in junior year."

The entire department was looking at him weird, he really hoped Stiles hadn't been killed because it would kill the sheriff if anything bad happened to his son. Martinez grabbed him by the elbow and led him into her office, settling him into a chair while two others, Jones and Marshall leaned against an overfilled bookshelf.

"Alright Danny, tell me everything you know about Stilinski."

Nervous, he glanced around the room, before taking a breath and asking, "Is he okay? I mean he's not dead or anything right?"

Jones smiled at him, blue eyes sparkling at him as he replied, "No he's not dead, but he's the only suspect we have right now and we don't know anything about him."

He was relieved for a moment, before the rest sunk in and no. There was no way Stiles Stilinski was a criminal! He told them as much, "Ok yes he kidnapped Jackson and stole a police vehicle but there were extenuating circumstances and they dropped all the charges. Stiles would never do something illegal!"

Looking back on it, that might not have been the most convincing argument. Jones leaned forward to say something but Martinez held up her hand to stop him,

"Look Danny I know this is strange but we really need your help. Tell us about him, anything you remember please."

"I don't know, it's Stiles. He's smart, really smart he gave Lydia a run for her money."

Jones interrupted, a pen poised over his notebook, "Who's Lydia?"

"Eh Lydia Martin. We all went to school together."

It was Marshall who asked, "Didn't she just win a Fields Medal?"

"Yeah that's her."

"Please continue and if you wouldn't mind giving us last names as well."

"Right, well he's as smart as she is only not with math obviously."

He saw Marshall raise an eyebrow at that, but seriously it was something they would have found out anyway once they saw his transcripts.

"He was kinda' spazzy but normal mostly, unpopular but then Scott McCall became co-captain of the Lacrosse team and he was popular. They were best friends so once Scott started dating Allison Argent, who was Lydia's best friend, that was it. They all sort of hung out. That was the year Derek Hale came back. He was their friend too sort of. Anyway after that it all got messed up, Erica and Boyd went missing and then Erica died and Boyd killed himself. Isaac moved in with Scott and suddenly they were spending all their time together and overnight Stiles was best friends with Lydia and Derek."

"This is Derek Hale the billionaire and Scott McCall the footballer right?"

Danny nodded and watched Jones put it all in his little notebook. "That's it. I moved state after that, my mom was getting freaked out by all the ritual murders and animal attacks. I heard Stiles went to MIT with Lydia."